This has been a great week. Not once but twice my friend of 39 years (this month) has been in my very dirty home to spend the night. I love spending time with her and her family!
This morning after Suzie and Nikki left, I put on my big girl panties (true size) and headed into the "tax free jungle". (Oh yest I did)Not because I was planning on saving a load of money (I had some great coupons) or because I wanted to be like all the other goobers in the world, but I went because I suddenly realized that I needed shoes for both kids and feared that IF I waited until tomorrow I would be unable to fine those shoes,and there might be no more jeans my daughter's size. (she is a teen and very picky!) So, We called Aunt Traci and faced the day. We hit the mall which wasn't too bad. We shopped several stores and then ate.(the eating is another story...had to go home later due to what I ate). At one point we decided to go into Victoria's Secret. My son was looking at the back of his new DVD and didn't realize where we were until we went into the store. At that point there was sheer panic on his face. The scene was as follows:
Kauy: Mom, No, No way am I going into this store. Please No. (he is the one who hides his eyes during the commercials and then asks if it is legal to put that on daytime TV)
Me: It will be okay just a few minutes.
Kauy: No, Mom NO
Me: Noticing two teenage boys standing just inside the door waiting for someone, I said to Kauy: You stay here with these two guys. Don't go anywhere. You two guys...you are in charge of him. Don't teach him to drool.(Oh yes I did!) Everyone laughs...I go deeper into the store.
So, Traci, Makaley and I are looking at a few things, and I hear the sensors at the front of the store go off. Then, I hear it again two more times,and one of the ladies head to the front quickly. She approaches my son whose eyes are huge. she looks at him and says: "Sir, I will need to search your bag". Makaley says: "For what, a bra?" I am laughing because I KNOW that my son has nothing lacy,frilly nor does he have Victoria's sexy secret in his bag! He won't even touch my underwear to do laundry. Makaley is beside herself because she knows how he acts at home to anything that isn't his whitey tighties. So they search his bag which contains the DVD and his new lego man. What they finally figure out is that when he came into the store, he had his DVD in his hand covering up the sensor, but when he put it back into the sack and stepped in front of the sensor,there was nothing to block the detectors hence, the alarms go off. And since he is a little on the inquisitive side, he moved in front of the sensors to see if he really was causing them to go off....hence it goes off three times.
He will probably never step back in there again. When he marries, his wife will have to do her own shopping there. I am sure he is scarred for life.
On the way home (about 2 hours later) the kids are talking about how much fun they had today trying on things, looking, and being silly. Suddenly, Kauy says, "And what lessons can we learn from today?" Makaley makes her statement; Traci hers, and I finish up and ask him what his answer is.
"Victoria's Secrets's detectors are messed up. Of course...that store is messed up!"
All in all....the jungle today was bearable because "oh yes I did....have fun!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Katie and I also ventured out into the Tax Free Jungle only to discover the following:
1) It really is fun to be just the two of us shopping.
2) Neither one of us like to shop other than one day a year, which leads too,
3) Those of us "professional" shoppers that tackle Black Friday need to teach the Tax Free shoppers a thing or two!!
Rule #1 - LEAVE THE LITTLE KIDS AT HOME!
LOL!!!
Post a Comment