Monday, September 22, 2008

Just the latest......in life

Now you can ask if I like my job! Yes, I do. I really do. This office is full of people who are set on making it best for the kids. It is an office filled with people who care about everybody! It is an office who laughs with me at my mistakes!! And let me say that I have made several!
So, I think I will stay.
I guess that the funny part of the thing is my own two children. Yes, my son still struggles. The other day I told him that I thought we might need to go visit with a counselor about some issues we are dealing with (nothing bad!). He sat there a moment, grabbed my arm and said "You're a counselor, can't you help us?" I laughed! Told him it would be like me trying to advise someone who was having eating problems. He just stood firm that "Mom, you are the counselor!"

As a treat for cleaning rooms and mowing the lawn for me, we ate at a local restaurant which is a little out of my budget.....especially when my kids go there and decide they don't want fish after all and they will just have mac and cheese. NOPE not on my bill! So as they are devouring our bread supply, I remind them that the last time we ate out they weren't hungry because they had eaten half a bucket of peanuts while sitting at the table. In the nice quiet room, Mr. K announces that "I didn't eat any bread there, but I ate a lot of peanuts, and I put butter on them first so actually I had peanut butter without the bread." To my delight the table of 8 next to us broke into laughter and repeated his statement to anyone else who didn't hear it. Poor Miss thing..as a big 5th grader that is just enough to make her crawl under the table.

Yesterday however was even better. My two love the songs from ABBA so we were eating lunch, (yes I cooked lunch on a Sunday!) and listening to the songs. Miss M asked me if I thought they might get to watch the movie when it comes out. I told them that I would probably discuss it with Aunt T. and let them know. After a long silence, Mr K responded with, "Hello, you gave birth to us didn't you? Or..(with his finger under his chin and those thought filled eyes) did you?" Miss thing just started laughing!!!

So this morning............I thought I would be funny and wake everybody up by using the water bottle. They didn't think I was funny. Everyone at work did.

3 comments:

Anne said...

What is it with our sons and their love of butter?!? Levi thinks everything tastes better with butter on it, though I think he prefers real peanut butter to a peanut with butter on it!

Your two are hilarious! I think the water bottles were hilarious, but then again, it wasn't me you were waking up!

Traci said...

I think the water bottles were a great idea . . . glad Mom didn't use that trick.

Biddy said...

hehehehe you are awesome....