Oh my stars, has it been almost a month since I last posted on this thing? Just for the record....I have not switched my loyalty to face book like so many have. I am still loyal to my readers who love me enough to read the musings of my family and or lives.
So, the common question for the week is: "So, what are you doing for Spring Break? Or what have you been doing for fun this week?" Answer.............I couldn't really tell you. Not because it is classified information, but because we are just moving along. BUT for those of you that live on the "need to know" basis, I will try to give you an update.
Sat. we (me and the mouse in my pocket) decided that the pig barn needed a good cleaning and all the shavings needed to be shoveled out. The kids and I got started around 2PM and worked until dark. (Almost dark)
Sun. we struggled out of bed so that I could sing......
Mon. we slept late and ran errands. I picked up laundry, delivered the taxes to be figured, picked up my computer and then had a date. Yep....a date. I didn't change boyfriend (I use that word because if you know any man, you know that no matter the age, they still act like a boy more than a man.) Tony and I had a date. We have not had one in a long time. It was nice to just sit at the restaurant and talk. No one begging to go home, no one needing to go to the bathroom, no one arguing about what they did or didn't want to eat. Of course, I wouldn't give up my precious children....dirty rooms and all.
Yesterday we shopped after lunch.
Today.........there is moisture falling from the sky, and I have a fire in the wood burner!!!
Now, was there anything that was consistent about these days? Yep!!!!! Let's see. Besides sleeping late daily, I am very sore from playing the Wii. K. decided that I should do the boxing. Oh my, even though I did BEAT the kid's scores on the dodge ball section, I am so sore that I am wondering if the victory was worth it. Okay, I will admit it....pain never felt so good! ha ha Now, the fitness section that you do daily says that yesterday I was 33 years old. Ha Ha Ha
As my friend Suzie knows, I am not 33. Which brings me to the other constant for the week...or should I say for the past few weeks. About 2 weeks ago, I got a card in the mail. After opening it, I discovered it was a birthday card...to celebrate my 50th (which is NOT here yet). I was very concerned about Suzie. We have been friends for a long time (37 years to be exact...according to Suzie). I couldn't believe she would forget my birthday....of course I never remember hers because ....well, I am not the world's best at dates (ask the man). It wasn't until the next day when I got the mail again and there was a card with the number 49 on the back that I realized what my dear, precious, sweet friend was doing to me. DID you know there were at least 40 plus cards with "happy 50th" on them? Most of the cards have the big 5-0 on them somewhere, somehow, but there have been a few that don't. Some of them have made me cry...like the one that reminded me how long she and I have been friends, and the fact that we have been through more than we care to share! Some of them have made me laugh like the one that was in Spanish, or the one that talked about the fact that at age 10 I wanted a pony, 20 I wanted a drink....and 50 I forgot what I wanted. My kids can hardly wait to check the mail daily. We have NEVER checked the mail daily! They can hardly wait to see if I got another card. Sometimes they come at once for the week, and the kids make me go one day at a time. Who would have thought that turning 50 could be so fun!!! Just be forewarned....Suzie turns 50 after me.....I will have the last say, and I am calling in all the help I can get! Plans are being formed...cards are being purchased, and I am buying "forever" stamps just in case postage goes up before Sept. You...my readers...stay tuned! I will keep you posted on the approaching 50th of my dear friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahahahaaaa that is toooo funny!! mommy dearest turns 50 the day after you...hmmm how should i torture her??
yay for the date!
were you shocked to see me at church AGAIN on sunday? i can't believe the walls are still standing!
You forgot the Driving Ms Daisy part! Oh, it must be that 50 thing!
Am I supposed to be planning something for "that day"? I think I have some gloom and doom things around the house!
Love ya!
Post a Comment