Friday, March 27, 2009

Who is counting?

Well, I am not counting but someone is!!! Let me give you a sneak peak for you young whipper-snappers out there about turning 50!!
1. Some of your friends will never mention it....others won't let you forget that you are now at the "down side" of the hill as far as age is concerned. I promise you there are plenty of "Happy 50th Birthday" cards. Aren't there SUZIE!!!
2. About 2 weeks out from your 50th, you will get your AARP card! Yep, in the mail. Hey, I am not afraid to use that card if it saves money! I will enjoy it!
3. Just to prove that I can..... I went to a workout class with my sister. They let us use those stretchy "tubes" for your arms and these huge balls for your abs and thighs and the music was my kind of oldies. Now, for my comments on the hour long class............I lived through it!!!! Let's talk tubes...those things are tough. I calmly told the ladies around me that I can not do too many of those due to the fact that K would be upset if my "bat wings" were to thin any! As for the ball....well, I had to use a squishy one because a "younger" person wanted the more firm ball. They made us put them between our knees and squeeze our rears. I was pleased to see that I could still see the ball after I put it between my thighs! I informed them(leaders) that I was not happy that they made my "moon craters" be so defined on my rear. However I think that the one that made them laugh was me doing the "Saturday Night Fever" dance with the purple ball. You know, my sister worries about me so I asked her permission before playing with the balls. She is afraid that I will get hurt! I loved the fact that I survived and with style. I really enjoyed working with my sister who is ONLY 2 years younger than me. Of course I am still only 49...for 2 more weeks!
I have never been one to worry about those milestones! I was single at 30 and lived through that birthday. I was 40 and had a 2 year old while my friends were buying cars for their kids, but I lived through that with a smile, and 50 doesn't bother me either! Well, for today!

1 comment:

Lolosblog said...

All this "entertainment" from the granddaughter that would hide in the clothes when our grandmother started dancing in the isles of Montgomery Wards (how many of your readers remember that store!). Please let her in on this story, she will be so proud!!!!