What, almost a month from the last post? Where has time gone? What have we been doing?
Well, we went to the Texas State Fair. We didn't fair well with our pigs. They had no butt! The judge was all about big butted pigs. Well, the kids could have put me in the arena and shown me. I would have won grand champion. Oh...forgot it was for barrows only...well, some of them have sagging boobs too, so I still had a chance.
We also bought 4 new piggies. We have pipsqueak (aka...peanut..and Marylin(by my grandmother who says she has a Monroe figure). We have Sally, Daisy and Piper. We love these pigs. I must say that when Jordan is spending someone's money, he does very well!!!!
What else have we done? We have played the "Mother like Daughter and Daughter like Mother" game. Do you want to play too? That answer is NO! Reread the last post....Miss thang fell and busted out teeth. So....Tuesday, I followed her lead. Only it was raining and I had walked across the parking lot probably picking up some oil. Walked into the school and went down face first. Left my lipstick on two tiles! Talk about hurt the next day. I am surprised that I didn't bust my nose any worse. The worst part....all of the 8th grade boys standing there looking at me. Of course, Miss thang was standing there just staring. Hello? I have fallen and I can't heal my pride!
The best part about the last 20 plus days.......Tonight our family celebrated My daughter's 12th birthday. I can't believe that 12 years ago I thought that I was giving birth to an elephant! And out popped this precious little angel. She is still a little angel, and as determined as an elephant. No, really, tonight was wonderful. Our entire family (minus Frank and Uncle Truck) came. Mom and Dad served lasagna, salad, and bread sticks. After dinner, we all gave M. a blessing. I was so impressed with the family. Wow, wonderful blessings poured upon her. It was a moment that took all of us out of our comfort zone. But it was the greatest. Kelly's family....my family and our love for M. I thought that God did a great job pulling it all together. We will probably have pictures for you later. Someone in the family will make a scrapbook.
Sunday? She leaves for a concert in Dallas with Suzie and Nikki. More on that when she returns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a busy month. Sorry that you fell too. Hope you did not knock your teeth out though.
Happy 12th Birthday to the Little Miss.
We will be keeping up with the progress on the pigs and hope the kids will do well this year. Maybe some of the shows will be on Sat. and we can watch them show. I am sure Jordan will keep us informed.
Good luck and take care.
Post a Comment