Saturday, May 25, 2013

Introducing......

I would like to introduce to you Dr. Traci Lyn Merkel Yandell.  Anyone who has worked as hard as she has deserves to have a title and 4 names!!!!  I am so proud of her.  People who know us know that my sister and I are night and day most of the time, but some days we are right on the same hour! I guess all kids are like that.  Fun facts about Dr. Yandell:
She is my little sister...in age, height, and weight.
She is my big sister...example wise.
She almost was flushed down the toilet after she was born, but my great-grandmother stopped that.
She would shiver and shake giving you a 30 second notice that she was about to wet her diaper(before pampers) and you better get her off your lap.  She was done when she smiled. Seriously!!!
She has always been the funniest of the two of us.
She is the bossiest also. That is why she has this degree and I don't.  ha ha
She tattled on me any chance she got, but when I got a spanking, She would sit there and beg mom not to kill me. 
She would put bubble bath in her pixie stix so I would learn to leave her stuff alone, and I would chase her around the house with the vacuum or chicken skin (this was when you had to buy the whole chicken in the grocery store.)
She threatened to "tell my great-grandmother" on my grandmother for letting me drive before I was 10.  Now she is a better driver than I am!
She is the only grandchild I remember my grandmother every threatening to punish. (and I can't remember why that happened)
She studied for her classes.  I learned where the library was during finals.  Consequently, she was in National Honors Society in HS and higher than 2.75 GPA in college.
She has a degree in Dietetics and Education.
She is my rescue number; the number I call when someone in my house needs comfort; the one who called my house EVERY morning for 10 years after Kelly passed away to be sure that I was up and able to handle the morning. She has driven to my house at all hours of the night to help me.
She is the BEST Aunt, sister, nurse, daughter, granddaughter and friend you could ask for.  My life would be nothing without her.
So Proud of you sis!  oops Dr. Sis.  This title is wonderful, but the best title you have is the one of Sister!!!


Dr. Yandell front right!


I would also like to introduce to you my soon to be Sophomore daughter in her FFA "dress".  Sorry it isn't bigger, but she has on a skirt AND black hose!!!! I am so proud of her accomplishments this year.  We have had many ups and downs (ask her Aunt), but she has trouped through it and constantly lets me know that there is more to life than homework, yard work, dishes, a clean room and laundry.  I think she looks pretty dad-gum cute in her little outfit(that I pressed) and her nice straight hair(that took an hour to do) and our second pair of shoes because the others had a piece of silver design on the top.  Very Very strict on this "dress" but I love it!  Ag had been a true blessing. Her friends are either band geeks or Ag kids.  Great choices that she made there!!  I must say that yesterday we all three (the son included) sat around and mourned.  Seriously, I had planned to take her to get her driving permit, and she didn't want to go.  She just didn't have it in her......her day had been flipped with a roller coaster of emotions.  Her first and favorite (not because he is the first) Ag teacher announced today that he will be leaving to take a job out of the Education world (yes....I am a tad jealous).  Mr. Smith was a blessing to our school.  He got things where they needed to be however, I understand him wanting to be at home with his family more.  He has two younger children, and in today's world, I agree that Daddy needs to be there more!!  Bless his heart, he started looking for "stock" in August.  Continued that through the first of October, and taught school, built a barn, and got things on track.  He then attended judging contests, major livestock shows, and MORE judging. In all of this, he set a wonderful example to my children of how you work and complete what you commit to do! Makaley loves "Smith", and I could not have asked for a better way to start our freshman year. The good news is that he will be in town, and we (really Jordan and the kids) still have him to call on and hang with. His daughter shows pigs, and she hangs with "the older girls" most of the time.  We love that family.
Finally.....My pianist showing off their ability.  Makaley played a piece written last year by our neighbor who was 17 at the time.  It is absolutely beautiful and she played it by memory perfectly.  I hope that we will be able to get a good recording of it and on her wedding day (way down the road), she will walk down the aisle to her own accompaniment.
And now..................we are ready for summer!!!!  Pigs are just months away and we are going to rest up!

No comments: