Sunday, October 21, 2007

All will be well!!!

Sometimes you go to church and get nothing but a good shopping list created. Other times you go to church only to leave feeling guilty about something the preacher said you "should" do that you have not been doing and you vow you will "get 'er done". Then there are days like today that you leave feeling lifted in the midst of "whatever you want to call this mood" and you know that things will be good because you are going to trust God.

This week I am having surgery. This is the first real "big" surgery for me. I am not excited about the idea of having no control of my body for awhile. Yes, they reminded me that I would not even be able to breathe for myself while I am out. (Thank you very much for that note and I actually had to sign a paper that says I understand that I can have no more children after this surgery. Hello, did the same lady get some "hot coffee" at McDonald's?) I am not excited about the fact that I may tell all secrets when I come out of the sleep (If you need to protect yourself be there otherwise you are taking chances) and I DON'T like the fact that I can not eat anything after midnight Monday (surgery at 2'ish) not even a drink of water, gum or mint, nor can I have my jewelry or make-up on, and they will let me go when I can pass gas (I do that easily...daily...but watch me not be able to make the "cut" so to speak when I need to.) BUT............they (any woman who has been down this road) say that life after the 6 weeks recoup will be great. They say I will be a new woman.

In all of this roller coaster ride of emotions, the biggest thing is that...........I am the only parent my kids have. I want the doctors to know that, to be sure things go well, and to make sure that I wake up so I can spend my life enjoying this money that I have forked out already for this procedure. I have been brave, then chicken, brave, chicken but today after church..........I am brave!!!! We sang to God asking Him to "surround His people" which includes me. We sang about Him being able, being a comforter, being mighty, and taking away our worries. We sang that "this is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it." Then Phil started his sermon with the boy who scooped up 5 stones and headed out to beat his giant. About 3 guys that went into the fire knowing beyond doubt that God would rescue them, but if He didn't.....they would still be His, and a child who gave 5 fish and that fed thousands. They believed in a God bigger than their smallest or largest worries. So....on Tuesday I will carry my 5 stones, 5 fish and loaves of bread and march into the fire (although those rooms are ice cold) and know that beyond a doubt God will take good care of me. And in a few days I will be singing "This is the day....I will rejoice in it" and be able to cough, laugh or sneeze without running to the bathroom!!!

Pray for my kids(October is already a rough month for them)...the doctors (I am not having tubes put in my ears or my tonsils out...other end please)...my family(they have a rough schedule)....Tony(If he sticks around after this we are going to be good!)...and my students at school who have some really tough subs (planned so that they will be very happy at my return).
Catch up with you in a few weeks!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm going to pray for the toot heard 'round the world. And I'm trying to think if I should be there when you wake up to defend myself, or maybe just for entertainment purposes.

Holly said...

Any kind of surgery is scary. I will pray for you protection and health. The lord is with you. (Isiah 43:2) It's good to be brave!

AbbieCRAZY said...

You'll be in my prayers for God's protection for you and your kids....

Really, no peeing when you sneeze? How much does that cost and where do I sign up?!

Lolosblog said...

I am thinking I have more secrets on you than you do on me, so I should be safe. But it would be fun to hear what all you have to say!

I am praying for you, Stephanie, but most importantly, the anesthesiologists (you know, the guy that will be breathing for you).

When you are ready, I will bring MM out, she can show you how to pass that gas!!

Love you!

Jessica said...

Luv ya and we will be praying! So, how long are you taking off of work? I think a little shopping would aid in the R & R... just kidding... lay on the couch and be pampered!