Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Back in the blog!

I am here........I woke up;I am alive and well. Thank you for your prayers and all the sweet thoughts. I thanked God ever so quickly that I was here to spend more time with my kids. I personally think the surgery was a breeze. Why not? I was on some good drugs; someone else breathed for me; my surgeon was excellent; I just laid there with legs in the air and minded my own business. Seemed like only seconds. However the before and after....................not so easy.

I could not eat anything after Midnight on Monday. Surgery was about 2'ish.....really...the last time I saw the clock it was 2:38. I needed caffeine and food. I asked the anesthesiologist if he could shoot me some caffeine into the IV. He laughed and said...nope. So then I informed him that I had decided that snot is now a part of the food pyramid. I told him that it was the only think I had eaten in 18 or so hours. He laughed and said....sorry. I also made a little friend. The kids pre-op was directly from my little cubbie. This little boy and I were showing off the different ways to wear those beautiful blue surgical hats. He was much less worried than I was. My family was a little worried when surgery went over the "time limit". You know what I mean. Dr. McCain said she had done more repair work than taking out work.

When I woke, I heard someone say something about my grandmother just wanting to see me so that she was sure I was alive. So I knew I was alive. Then I found my precious sister, friend Anne and Tony sitting waiting for me. Traci dealt with the nurses.......Anne spoon fed me water and ice......Tony loved on me. Of course when they were checking on things "down under" they told everyone to leave but the husband. I am not sure who moved faster....Traci telling them he was NOT my husband, or Tony getting out of there before they pulled the covers. My kids came up with cousin Brandi later. Of course she had just told them to be careful and not step on any tubes...........she found the IV with her heels. The drugs were good and it didn't bother me at all. I am glad that she had prepared them for the tubes. Makaley just wanted to touch me, hold my hand, and kiss me. Tues. morning as I let them off, she was a little upset. My babies were soooo glad to see their momma! I was glad to see them too.

Traci stayed the night(both) and nursed me with water and broth........I hate broth, but it never tasted sooooo good. The next day I had visitors, and was able to walk around the 3rd floor with hopes of getting solid food before midnight! Dr. said...."three toots and you can eat". Where did she come up with 3? But she is cute(has nothing to do with it), she is good, and she is very personable, I really like her, so I followed her orders. Yes, Sarah, it was the toot heard round the world, and on the third one, my mom literally ran to the nurses desk and said........."order that girl some solids." It took forever to get solids in and now it is taking forever to get the solids out. Hmmmmmm aren't you glad I shared that thought.

I am better every day. My family is worn out more and more each day bless their hearts. Mom stays at the house with us at night and we take the kids to school then go to her house where I am best friends with the recliner, remote, and book that I have read chapter 3 at least 3 times. (that number again) Tony has weekend patrol. How is it that man can get the kids to roll out of bed ON a Sun. morning at the same time I do, go to McDonald's and is on time to church? Hmmmm who could the be the real problem in getting to church? Traci and Brandi are "help" patrol. They do the behind the scenes, and the"when no one else can" things for me. They both listen to me complain, whine, or cry. You know, I paid good money to get off pads. Can't wait to see my money at work! 6 weeks. Hormones come next week, and Anne says......."Life is good then!"
Kauy asked me yesterday, "Mom, what kind of surgery did you have? I can't remember?"
Mom: "I had surgery like Bella (our dog) so I won't have anymore puppies"
Kauy: "ha ha, that would make me a dog already!"
I just hope that I don't go around scratching my stitches (3 of them) on the carpet when they itch.
This morning he says to my mom, "Hysti, I have to tell Ms. Gentry that my mom needs to poop to be well." Mom tried to convince him not to, but I bet that I am the comic relief at his school. Oh well, everyone needs to laugh until they hurt.

Thanks again for all the prayers. I hope to be my old/new self next week about this time. The Dr. said....."we took it all out; we repaired a lot of things; and I took some extra stitches!" Glad she is excited!

4 comments:

Anne said...

I'm glad you are feeling good! I have NOT forgotten about you, but Levi has had it coming out of both ends (if you know what I mean) and I figured you weren't interested in those kinds of problems this soon after surgery :)

Just know that I love you, love you, love you...and we'll talk SOON!!!

Sarah said...

Word "on the street" is that congratulations are in order -- things are "moving along". Just so proud! :-)

I love you, friend -- and you are welcome to scratch your stitches on the carpet at any time!

Lolosblog said...

Ok, I guess maybe I'm being selfish here, but I want you to get better so I will have a shopping partner. I have my $.20 saved for my share of the burrito and diet whatever!;]

I love you and am so glad you are back to blogin' & emailn' (it's been lonely). You have my number if you need me. I'm still praying for you.:-}

AbbieCRAZY said...

I'm glad it all came out alright, so to speak. I've had you in my prayers and I can't wait to see you again...