And so you ask many questions in those emails I get from you so I am going to tell you what I can tell you ....about today!
Let's get to the children first:
Today was Zoo day for them with my parents. It was a perfect day because they went in the morning and it rained this afternoon! Yep. Who cares if this side of town got only enough to make the concrete look really wet! It was water......it fell.......it nourished.......and it didn't reach 100 today!
Today Miss M. practiced her piano which she should have been practicing all summer long. She has a really neat song and did a great job of it. I don't brag on her enough. She is a great musician, artist,photographer, student, swimmer, and just an all around wonderful girl. Problem is????? She is too much like her mother, and two of me in one household is, well, it is just too much of me! There in is the reason that I think "the man" loves his apartment! He can get away for "me" there! Don't blame him!
Today, Mr. Kauy went for a follow up the Dr. Rob.....the doctor. Okay, for those of you waiting (Nita and Susan) we didn't go last Friday. It was my last day of summer vacation so I decided to take the kids swimming. We swam for about 8 min. before we had to get out of the pool because of thunder. We got back into the pool, and then thunder rumbled again so we got out again. Back into the pool for about 3 min. (long enough for me to get my hair wet swimming to the rope) and the lightening started. Didn't know that I had that affect on the weather. Guess my body in a bathing suit was just too much for Mother Nature! So...I paid $10 for it to rain on our swim party. BUT........we went to "happy hour"....ordered ice cream and 1/2 price diet coke with vanilla, and went to visit Aunt "T". Now anyway, back to the visit today: It was wonderful for many reasons which I will just list for you.
#1. It was raining on us when we got there...needed the rain.
#2. We were in and out in less than an hour.
#3. While we were waiting, Kauy decided to read a book to me. He chose Curious George. Guys, he can read. I was soooooo proud of him. Of course in his "Kauy fashion", he would stop between the pages and say something like "Please enjoy our very own elevator music while you wait for the next page. Operators are standing by." Then I would get tired of his "music" he was humming and say "And now back to our regularly scheduled program which is already in progress" and he would read some more. On his own. Because of his own desire to read aloud to me!!! You don't know how happy I was.
#4. Dr. Rob was back from Africa! Last week Kauy's sed. rate was down to 14. It started at 35 which believe it or not is within normal range. Thus, the reason this baffled the doctors. Rob said that 15 is where we want it. So.......you do the math! We are there.
#5. Two more weeks of medication.
#6. No more blood tests.
#7. No more doctor's appointments.
#8. Life goes on as normal. Whatever that is!
#9. It was sprinkling when we got out
#10. We made it in time for happy hour at Sonic.
Now.........for those who will ask (you know I know you!), after we stop with the medication, we should be good to go. Can't tell me that we will never have this happen again, but we know how he acts/responds/feels to this infection, so we know what to look for. Also (quit wondering...I am getting there) after we stop the meds., IF we have no pain, limping, or fever, then we are good to go. Rob said that we would know within 2 to 4 weeks after finishing the medication, and for me just to be observant. Since we attend church with 4 of the people who dealt with him and had seen him before the hospital visit, I feel pretty sure they will notice anything IF I don't! But be assured, I WILL watch him like a hawk. You know, I understand that saying. Once Kelly was combining and asked me to bring supper and ride with him (actually he wanted to drive and me hand feed him). Anyway, as we were combining, this hawk swooped down in front of the header, and the took off. It was one of those "it took only a moment" type things. BUT in that time he had spotted a mouse we had routed out of his hiding in the tall wheat, swooped down, grabbed it and took off again. That is "watching like a hawk" and I promise to swoop on top of anything that doesn't seem right! And by the way...that story was free of charge. Better than homemade elevator music!
Also, today was great because..........it was today. God gave us another day with rain. A break from the 100 weather. AND.....He has given me a job that I am enjoying. We have worked so hard this week. I hope I can find time before school starts to get my room decorated and organized. If not, we will have school with boxes in my room. I will label them as chairs, and one as a table. Parents will just have to move if I need something in the box they are sitting on. I will just throw some squares of paper towels on the boxes for cushions. BUT so far....the verdict is that I am glad I sat still and listened to the voice of God. Glad to make this move. Glad to have a family that lead me to a faith that would allow me to trust God at this time (age) in my life to make a change! It was today and I don't think I even worried about tomorrow once! Now, for me that is a change. Ask anyone who knows me.
So, that is today. It was today. It was a good today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rain, Rain, Rain! Thank you Lord for the rain!!! MM prayed about it before supper!
I am so glad about your job! there is nothing better than a job you love!
Post a Comment