Monday, November 24, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Rambling

I have two things I would like to throw out at you. As we quickly approach Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday of the year, and as I begin to salivate over the thought of turkey and dressing with some cranberry sauce, I am struck by that fact that I was dumb enough to start a diet one week before Thanksgiving. Like that would keep me from shoveling so much of the bird and bread into my mouth. What was I thinking? Hello...I invested money to keep me from over indulging in good healthy food? Okay, I admit..so I did, and hopefully I won't make myself sick on the good cooking. I had to laugh when thinking about that this morning. Here I am calculating my alloted points on a daily basis. Exercising at night. Drinking my water. What IF I don't loose any weight. Well of course I won't blame it on the Thanksgiving meal because you see, I checked the points system and there are no points listed for the amount of drainage going down my throat hourly. There are probably no points listed because there is no way to measure the individual amounts of it. I am sure that if there were points, I am over the limit! And by the way......I have given up my Hot Tamales candy until further notice. Ten candies are worth 3 points...the amount of points out weighs the pleasure.
This brings me to another thought. Why did everyone rejoice when it was announced that Wilbur had jumped up from about 130 to 149 pounds and Bevo was up to 117? No one jumps for joy when I gain weight. It's a great thing for these pigs to gain weight.
Finally....remember the post about my daughter not liking being eleven. I am with her!!! I don't like the age eleven either. It is a weird age. They do weird things. Their body does weird things. Did you realize that eleven is the only number below twenty-one which contains 3 syllables? Think about it...........it is just weird all around. It doesn't even rhyme well. Therefore, I have decided that terrible twos.........and elevens are both rough. My eleven year old has stretched the one syllable word NO into 2 syllables. It is said like this: No-ah! And man, can she stomp. Maybe is we stomped for 45 minutes we would loose weight. However on the positive side.......she has not lost that precious hug, kiss, or "I want to hold your hand, mom" stuff. So......there is one bright thought!
I will just remind you that even though I am dieting before Thanksgiving; I am rejoicing that pigs gain weight; and that eleven is #^&*!$%...This is my life and I will stick with it! I love roller coaster rides!!!

2 comments:

Biddy said...

again i say: if i were a pig, people would pay BIG BUCKS for me :-)

Lolosblog said...

You are nuts my dear sweet cousin! But here is another thought - How many calories do you spend shivering in the cold on Black Friday waiting for the stores to open? Surely it is enough to off set those extra points!

The counter reads - 03:06:20:21!!!