And so I joined with my sister, cousin and her daughter along with what seemed like 1/2 of Texas to the wilds of Black Friday. We didn't get out and stand in any silly line, we just planned over and over again our shopping route. Macy's Parade has nothing on us. Sis and I even started out with no coffee. Yes, the first 2 hours with NO coffee!!! NONE.... The "niece" suffered a small casualty. I was successful in most of the adventures, and sis hung in there!
So, today after taking an hour nap (yes, you heard me...an hour nap in 24+hours) I am sitting in the living room listening to my ipod and the new selection of downloaded music.
One of my favorite songs from long ago and far away is one called "I'd Choose You Again" sung by a group called the Forester Sisters. I so love that song. You see, it talks about the fact that if God gave me the chance, I would choose "you boy" again. Can I just share with you that tears streamed down my face. You see, I would have been married 17 years this past week, and IF God said to me," Let's back up and do it all over again."......I would choose Kelly again....and again...and again. This time of year makes me sentimental. The leaves turn colors (yes If there is no early freeze, they do change in Texas). The air finds a little bite in it which causes you to get your groove going. And the smell of Texas in the fall is.....well, Texas in the fall! BUT....then there is the promise of spring. Green Grass, bright green leaves, new calves, baby lambs, baby pigs, and the air....it smells of freshly mowed grass, flowers, the baled hay or just.........Texas in the spring kind of thing. And so.....I listened to my song.."I'd Choose You Again" and think....knowing what I know...knowing where I sit today....I would choose Kelly over and over again. I would choose once again the guys who broke my heart before I met Kelly. Reassures me that not all men are so smart or they would have chosen me for a second date! I would choose you, my friends, all over again!!! Tony, with our different as can be lives, I would choose you again....well, okay, the jury is still out. Does that tell you that even though I have been through 49 changes of the seasons in West Texas and more "seasons" in my life, I am a pretty happy camper as my life goes! Knowing me...I would even choose the stupid roads I have gone down because the wrecks I had were those you learn from.
I will choose over and over again that my favorite time of the year is Thanksgiving (sorry Andy Williams).
Will I choose to do Black Friday again next year? You bet your Starbucks I will.
Oh and did I choose carefully over and over again the foods I ate yesterday? Yes I did. Did you ever notice that turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and pecan pie on a plate together create a fall type color scheme?
Will we choose to show pigs next year? You bet your ham hocks we will!
Most of all though .......I will choose You, God.....over and over again. I may not always be the smell of fall or spring to You, but I choose You over and over again! I pray that in the years ahead, I will continue to choose You and Your way over and over again!! It's not an easy road some times, but there is the promise of spring .........and I LOVE green!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jordan is still hunting, but I'll be happy to tell him--Next year is still on! Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...we have some plans for K and for the entire family, as soon as things slow down a bit!
Great day shopping. Sorry us younsters couldn't hang all day with you two! lol
But I did have a great visit with my my Aunt's and Uncles' families that I hadn't seen in so long.
Not commenting for Mom, just showing her how.
I just read for the first time, that you love Don Williams---Jordan's dad can sound just like him & Jordan use to sing his songs to me when we were dating! His dad sang Don Williams to his mom when they dated---I bought Jordan a guitar last year for Christmas b/c he said he would like to play the guitar and sing...but he hasn't picked it up since! Just thought I would share...maybe if you encourage him, he'll try to learn how to play! Y'all could sing together, cause I couldn't carry a tune if I had to!
Just wanted to let you know that we enjoy looking at your blog from time to time. We too play the "what if" game and we too think we would choose the same paths again because of what we have learned from all of our journeys. Congratulations on the video winning! We are proud of "K" and our kids and the team they have become. We like Don Williams, too. Our favorite song is "Your My Best Friend" because of where that song has taken us. Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment