Sunday, December 21, 2008

And then there were Two...needles

Because of my very busy schedule, I have failed my readers greatly! I should have added this post quicker than I am. You see, it was 2 days after loosing the sterling silver horse ring that my daughter was throwing out new shavings for the pigs, and realized that she had lost her James Avery ring. Okay, now...I am sorry but that is a little more serious than a $10.00 sterling silver ring. I did not keep my cool at this point. I didn't leave her to sleep in the pig pen, but I sure didn't just smile and say..."Oh my poor baby." No, I grunted and grouched! Now we have two rings in the pig pen. As I am telling T about it, he says that he has a friend with a metal detector. M had just said "I wish I had a metal detector". T sets it up with his friend from work to come to the barn on Thursday afternoon. M promises to pay the man $20.00 for his time. I promise to do nothing but watch.
You are probably thinking that is the end. How easy it will be once you get a metal detector. Do you remember me saying that we had the pig stalls cemented for easier cleaning? Do you know that if you don't put in the re bar(spell check doesn't know what to put there and I don't either..I just know that it is all the metal bars that go in before pouring the cement)...anyway without that stuff, the cement cracks easily. Guess what.......on Wed. T realized all that was under the cement, and called to tell me that I will have to shovel up the shavings, and take them out in the center of the barn, spread them on plastic, run the detector over them, and return the shavings to the barn. These are clean shavings......the ones where they sleep. I will not just throw them away. The answer to the question running through your mind is yes. Yes, we bagged them, spread them out, ran the detector, and carried them back into the stall. Yes, for your information that would be both stalls (only half of each 12' x 12' stall) And, Yes, we found the Alice in Wonderland ring. Midway through the second stall.
We did all that work in order to locate a ring. A simple ring. But you would have thought we found a treasure chest. The other ring......the horse one.......well, we will just watch what we shovel up and check poop! That one experience wore me out! I wonder if I were to loose a $20.00 bill in her room, would she work that hard to clean out stuff? Nah....she would just say..."It'll show up later. You can have one of mine."

No comments: