Like I have said many times....why is it such a wonderful thing that our pigs gain weight and not good when they loose. Maybe I will be an animal (pet well loved) in my next life! ha ha. So, I have been on this "diet". Counting all my points. Drinking all my water. Watching what I eat. Remember, I am giving up my boxes of hot tamales candy for this. And so....I have lost an average of one pound per week. So that is three pounds. Now, I can tell you where I have lost those pounds. I can feel it when I wear a certain article of attire! No, it is not the scarf around my neck. I have proudly lost 3 pounds in my feet. That is probably one and a half pounds per foot. I wore my boots yesterday, and my feet slipped up and down all day long. I am certain that is the only spot I have lost the weight since none of my clothes are screaming "hey, we aren't stretched to the max!" So, since I have lost the weight in my feet, and you will never notice, I just wanted to tell you! My toes are soooo excited, just wish my waist, rear and chest could be too. Hmmmmmmmmmm If things don't change, I will have to continue to give up the hot tamales and take up pumpkin bread. Hey, tis the season.
Now if you could actually "freeze your butt off", I would have been a size 6 by 5:30 yesterday. You see, when I arrived at my parents to retrieve my children, they weren't in the house. I knew they were in the barn feeding so I just stayed inside (chicken!) and waited for them to return. However, they didn't return with in 30 minutes. It doesn't take that long to dump feed and scoop up the "larger" more visible chunks of pig poop. So, I redressed with coat and hat and headed to the barn to hurry the situation. When I arrived, both K and M were in Wilbur's pen on their hands and knees. Hello? Have we all become pigs? What is up? "Mom, I lost my new sterling silver horse ring in the shavings." Being the calm mom that I am, I just rolled the eyes and grabbed the pitchfork from her. The saying "It's like looking for the needle in the haystack" was all that I could think of. A 12' X 12' pig pen with at least 2 bags of shavings and a pig who is walking around stirring everything up does not lend to finding a ring. (Buy cheap metal rings that magnets can pick up!) The mom with a method starts at one area and sift the shavings through the pitchfork. I pick up another scoop and do the same over the first "sift" pile. I was soon joined by my father who was wearing gloves and was on hands and knees sifting through another area. He also had on a great pair of jeans verses my skirt...he had on real heavy boots with socks....I had on my "muckers" with no insulation!! This went on for a good 45 minutes. Needless to say...that needle is still in the haystack. I just told M to watch for it in the next few days as she shovels the "poop". Sometimes your treasures are hidden from view.....like the three pounds in my feet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no! We'll be out tonight to clip Bevo. I hope the pig didn't eat the ring...maybe the kids should keep their eye on the poop for the next few days (yuk)!
OH, just go buy her another ring! Poor K, having to look in all that poop! It just ain't right!
Post a Comment