Thursday, February 5, 2009

This time next week

This time next week we will be getting ready for the San Antonio Livestock Show. Wow, I can't believe it is actually here. Not the show really, but the date we have dreaded. The day that we come home to the empty pig barn. I already have that sick to the stomach feeling. I already wonder: "How am I going to handle this so that the kids can handle it?" and then of course the next thought is that I don't want Jordan and Ashley to see me go to pieces. You, my friends, know that I don't like letting go....even of pigs. They have become our family. I have used my hard earned money to feed them, lodge them, purchase grooming for them, and change their shavings. So, I have to admit that I have stayed out of the barn for the last week. Yep, I am the chicken in the family.
Now, to more pressing matters. Is it my writing that does not stir your heart to respond, or is everyone now so caught up in face book that no one has time to read blogs? Hello, where are my friends? That's right...we talked on face book right before my computer crashed on Sat. morning. AND so....I am leaving to take it to the computer doctor.
Oh, and by the way..I can not tell you everything that goes on in school but the button I found on face book (before the crash) said: "If drama was vodka, our school would be wasted". That described last week! Drama, Drama, Drama.....then....my computer crashed!

2 comments:

Lolosblog said...

I read blogs everyday! But some people just don't post very often anymore!!!


(I am keeping my pig comments to myself, but you will be fine!)

Traci said...

I'm telling you . . . Facebook is a booger. I think that blogs are much more personal and even if I don't comment . . . I still read and . . . I still cry.