So, the ice is melting, the kids still in pj's, a mess in the living room, and a fire in the wood burner. What do you do with ice days?
Yesterday? I signed up on facebook. My friends and some family have been after me to get on there. So like blogging....I did it! If it were my daughter I would say something like.."If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too?". I am a leader, but in technology and the cyberspace, I will just follow. Today I woke to 15 emails of people inviting me to be their friend. Hello? Aren't we friends already? ha Ha Just wondering. I have friends that I haven't talked to in at least a year. I have family I haven't talk to in a year. Love this technology.
Today? It is funny to think that a year ago I would have been praying for another cold front with 8 inches of snow so I could just stay out the whole week. Roll those lesson plans on over to the next week, so I don't have to get them written by Friday. Now as the counselor......Mercy! I have so much to get done. TAKS writing is coming up and I have to get the 7th graders taking a different version of the test with modifications grouped together. I have some ARD (Special Education) meetings I need to finish. I have to get ARF's for my 6th graders using modifications on the test. I have to laugh with the secretary, joke with the co-counselor, and listen to a child whose life I don't understand at all. Now, don't get me wrong. My two and I have had a great two days. They have not really driven me crazy. After a few reminders, they cleaned their mess up, and I have cooked meals! Yep. I can cook. Ask the T-bird. He loves my cooking. We have had a great two days.
Now comes my quandary. My mom raised me to believe that if you miss school, you stay at the house unless you run to the doctor, or go pick up medication. I need to pay my taxes (Property), and I to go to the bank. Hmmmm that is not how I was raised. So, I am off to get my hormone pills (5 left) refilled and in the process will drive across town in the melting ice to pay my taxes and then on the way back? Hmmm guess I will run by the bank.
Tonight? I will cook AGAIN and probably meet you on facebook......yes, sister T, after the kids are in bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment