Many of you know that I have been wanting to move from my present location (home) to a place next to my parents. That situation didn't pan out due to the fact that I had to sell my house first. At one time I had someone interested, but she didn't qualify. After discovering what she did qualify for, she decided not to rent, but to begin the search for a house in that price range. I had to say no to the house I was interested in because..........$2,400.00 a month until my house sells was steep for me, the counselor..mom...pig farmer. Although by looking at my body, you would think that bread and water WOULD be good diet for me, if I did dish out that money, I hate to tell you that my son would get tired of popcorn, and my daughter tired of lettuce.
So. Door number one closes.
In the last 4 days, door number two opens. A friend's son and his wife are moving here, and would like to rent now then possibly buy. My house is the perfect house for a young couple. It is just the right size, big back yard, right payments, and has been redecorated in the last 3 years. We all agree that when the "kids" got to town this weekend they would come to see the house and make a decision. At this point, I get the house plans out of the vault and just prepare to build. Line up the plumbers, heating/air, brickers( which is not a word in the spellcheck)and the builder. I have the land so let's see what happens. When I had not heard from my friends by 6PM, I decide they are not coming in tonight and I just went with the flow. Tony goes to get peppers and chicken so we could grill out. I go out to the "suburbs" to get my son, and visit with his friend's parents. I leave my cell phone in the car because I am not joined at the ear to it. But, Little did I know that while I was there, the "kids" had arrived, Tony was cooking at the house; my neighbor was in there to eat with us, and although I had cleaned, there were a few things not finished that.....well, would not be finished because they are standing in my house taking a tour. Tony was doing his best to show off the house when suddenly the sounds of sirens filled the living room. After checking the porch for fire from the grill, they step out to see 5 police cars, a fire truck and an ambulance pull up next to my fence. They(officials) rush to the apartment complex, and soon 3 are taken out in cuffs. This precious, well-protected, from a well-to-do family had a major shell-shock moment and soooo.....door number 2 closed before the first police car drove off.
At this point I feel like I must tell the Lord that I get it! I don't need him to take out a 2 X 4 and hit me in the head for a third time. I will sit and wait upon Him and his time. I have a roof over my head, food on the table, two wonderful kids (one of whom lost her glasses and is getting braces), a good job, wonderful neighbors, a new puppy and 3 new pigs arriving on Monday evening. And....only 3 more days of school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This may shock you but the only thing I can say right now is...
Poor Makaley! She must be so upset at loosing her glasses! But I know a place to get some for about $12.00!
AND... speaking of you renting your house - call me!!! We desperately need to talk!
Post a Comment