Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It hangs from a truck?

We are always trying to be honest with my children. I have a rough time with my son who loves to be the comedian. As you know, sometimes that type of person also has a way of stretching the truth. So, "the man" and I try to tell the truth or be honest and open about the questions that come our way. I would rather be the one to tell my kids about something than some ding dong at school.
The other day, Tony had been to the dentist to have some work done. He was explaining that the little thing hanging in his throat was swollen from snoring the previous night. We continued to discuss the appropriate word for it...which starts with the letter "u". Discussion over. BUT...we are sitting in line at our favorite fast food restaurant and my daughter says: " Hey, look, that guys "u....la" is hanging down from his truck!" I about spewed my diet coke! The man could not quit laughing, and the kids were clueless. Tony gathered his thoughts and explained to her that the pink things hanging from the trailer hitch were not the "u....la", but a set of fake balls from a bull. Now she spewed her coke, then could not quit laughing.

No comments: