Ok, call me silly, call me strange......don't call me! I was sitting here minding my own business when suddenly that little "I wonder ..." bug appeared on my shoulder. He wasn't encouraging me to cheat on taxes, drink more than a glass of wine, lie about my hair color, or run through the streets like David of the Bible did one time. He simply asked me: "how much money would you have today IF your parents had put one penny, one nickel, one dime, and one quarter in a jar every day of my life?" Something so simple to have done. Something that would not have placed us in poverty. And the answer........for my 50th birthday, they would have handed me $12,045.00.
Wow! Of course if it had all been in change, AND I would have taken it to the coin machine at the bank, I would have needed my little red wagon to get it there, and then the machine would have jammed several times, spit out some of the coins, then croaked when it realized the amount. It would have probably taken about .....50 minutes! BUT......hey that would have been worth every day of my life! Wow, turning 50 doesn't look so bad when it was calculated into money! So, I guess I should start putting $.50 a day in a container for one child, and then the same in another. If my kids took charge then they would be worth that much later down the line. Of course...........who would keep us from borrowing from the "till" when we needed to get the car washed or a soda at Sonic happy hour?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment