It has been raining for 3 days. I am not complaining about 3 days of good soaking moisture. Somewhere during the day I was asked if I could imagine 40 days and nights of this. No I can't. Worse that that, I can't imagine 40 days and nights on a boat with 2 of every animal! I have always loved the story about Noah but now that I am the mother of two, owner of a dog on anxiety medication and owner of a house with cement floors and 10ft. ceilings.........(how did they muffle the sound?)I really love Noah and his story. Maybe I should love his wife even more!
Seriously....40 days and nights with nothing but rain; on a boat with no swimming pool, shuffle board, ping pong table, or better yet, no bottles of nail polish, no computer, DVD's, ipods or iphones? And then, my son would be asking(no probably not asking) to ride the elephants, swing with the monkeys and tell jokes to the hyenas. Of course if the animals are "resting" then I can't imagine the "Hey mom, M said that......" "I DID NOT....He ....first and then..." "No that is not the way it happened..can I tell you just one thing..." Don't forget the "I'm bored". And let's not overlook the bolts of lightening and rumbles of thunder that awakens my son so that he can find his way into my bed, chair, bathroom whatever. Maybe in the ark, everyone just picked an animal and slept beside it. So, I am thankful for this rain, but am so glad that I don't have to endure it in a boat....with animals, and no entertainment. Of course...can you imagine how nice it was to land on dry ground? My son seems to have landed in the best mud around town. I have yet to put up the broom. And by the way....I would sleep next to the owls. It seems that today my sentences all start with "Who?"
I can hang on...I will take the rain....we have trees to plant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You failed to mention the odor. Can you even imagine..? We opened the windows today -- it sounded great, felt great... but smelled like wet dog. Can't imagine an ark full of damp animal (and worse) smell. No, I was not cut out to be a Mrs. Noah.
Post a Comment