Sunday, May 16, 2010

I am no ark!

I had to post the previous thought before I could continue on with the next. (If you haven't read yesterday, then Stop now do so before moving on.) You see, just the thought of being on the ark was scary enough for me. I didn't even talk about the smell as my friend Sarah suggested because "smelly animals" are part of my life...whether they have two feet or four. And even though I would have needed some medication for the boat ride, I never thought twice about actually being the ark...........until Friday!
Friday we woke to thunder, heavy rain, and water everywhere. The amount of water was nothing until I hit the intersection of Rebecca and Catclaw Dr. There is where the water met the door, and my heart went to pounding. Not because of the water (I am in left turn lane and cars on all sides throwing water everywhere), but because as I am focusing on the road, my precious daughter begins to scream. It sounded something like high pitched noise and then "A mouse __ the car". Excuse me? which preposition did I hear? In? On? And, since I couldn't really decipher, I just started to scream with her. I still didn't see anything but quickly decided that screaming might keep "it" away! I began to frantically search for a dry spot where I could pull over and open the door without filling the floorboard( and I drive a Tahoe!) It was as I was looking toward the right side of the road that I saw it! The mouse. He wasn't in the car, he was on the car. Well, not on the car, but actually riding on the windshield wiper for a moment. So, I screamed! She screamed. "It" (although I could see the underside, I didn't ask it to sit still long enough to decided male or female) so, "It" soon got off the windshield wiper and tried to run to her side of the car and jump onto the mirror. The next tidal wave sent "it" scampering back into the place where the wipers lay. As the wipers would come on, "it" would run back and forth from my side to hers trying not to be hit by the wipers. This continued for some time. Soon "it" ran down on the hood so I hit the brakes thinking I might throw it! Ha...small but mighty and right back into the wiper hole! More screaming. Then "it" decides to attempt a run up the window. More screaming. All the time, my son is in the back cheering "it" on saying how "fun" this is! I drop the son off at school, and our passenger stays with us. I don't know how far it is from his school to mine, but I can tell you that it takes 6 minutes in dry weather, and in wet weather it takes much longer especially if you are screaming off and on. Like that mouse could hear me yell to get off the window!
So, I wonder....When the floods came and the boat door shut, were there animals trying to get into the ark with Noah? Did Mrs. Noah scream when the mice were playing in the ark? Did God get all of those animals to rest so that the dog didn't chase the cat who chased the mouse who would have driven me to screaming? And was Noah the typical man who says "It is only a mouse for goodness sakes. It can't hurt you much less get into the car!"
I am so thankful for the rainbow. I would have been worthless on Noah's ark! God made for this time in this place and I am thankful that we haven't had to build an ark...
Go ahead...pass out. Two postings in two days. You probably think I have time on my hands. Well, I actually do. Tony is out of town, and hello....it is too wet to work in the yard. Think I will go put mothballs in the garage.

No comments: