Let me share with you the joys of this energetic child.
- We got a pool for his dog. He asked me why there was a warning label on a pool that doesn't hold much water. Next morning in the pool filled with about 3 inches, we found a little mouse floating around (all feet sticking out and tail straight). As he walks by, K. says very matter of fact, "Hmmm, guess he couldn't read the warning label."
- We have enjoyed listening to the radio as we drive across town a gazillion times a day for our camps and work. One of my daughter's favorite songs come on and without missing a beat he sings "She threw up....in the middle of the road. Where the wheat fields grow and the winters cold....An American funny."
- I asked the kids to check the Constable's car next to us to see if it was a friend of ours. My daughter asked what a Constable was and K. replied..... that's the stuff you put on your hamburger. (Okay, you probably had to be there to laugh at that one)
- Friday, one of my favorite Don Williams Songs came on. When it finished, I heard a little voice in the back singing...Living on toes tonight. Living on toes tonight. I told him that was not the words and my daughter said....well it is if you are a chigger!
- Probably one of my favorites....he was in horse camp last week. Not exactly the big cowboy, but he was working hard. He had a dirt ring around his neck that was a sign of where he had probably spent most of the morning. Any way, he is hauling his saddle back to the barn on the 3rd and final day and looks up with that precious dirty fact and asks: "Mom, do you that that S. (his friend) and I can team rope?" Without cracking a smile, I replied.....yes, as soon as you learn to put on a saddle. My thought really was...rope? We haven't even mastered leading the horse to the arena
I love my kids. May not like what they do all the time, but I do love them!!!!
Buy the way......you have to see the commercial where the guy is drunk and his friend asks for the keys....the guys says no and then the friend finds a way to get the keys. I heard it once on TV tonight..........4 times in the living room after it was done and over! Of course...laughter filling the air here.
No comments:
Post a Comment