Monday, December 17, 2007

A very Quick Thought today.

Yes, thank you very much...I know there are only 7 more days until Christmas. My son tells me every morning the daily countdown. The TV reminds me, and down in my gut the 3 presents not bought are telling me the same. My friends and family have counters on their blog spots. Brandi even has one counting down the days until her granddaughter's birthday which is the same as Kauy's. At least I have that present covered. If that isn't enough, I know in my own mind that the "day" approaches quickly.
However, another day approaches and "we know not the hour". I need to live my life during this hectic, hurried, "all important day", season in a way that would reflect the fact that I am not panicked about the "all important day" when we will all see face to face "The Reason for the Season."
I love the song "His Will was Done". It says that His will was done the day the New Born King was born. "God became Man...His will was done!" It is a great song!

2 comments:

Lolosblog said...

I try on a daily basis to remember what we are actually celebrating. And although my family is as guilty as the next in purchasing an overabundance of gifts, I feel like we do a very good job of keeping the true meaning.

I really think it goes back to our "old church" teaching that Christmas should not be celebrated on just one day of the year, but on each and every day.

Don't you just wish that once, everyone we know could join in on our Christmas eve festivities? Yes there are lots of gifts to be opened, but I enjoy all the singing, praying, and my favorite is actually the tradition you started at Makaley's first Christmas, reading the story of His birth as told from different perspectives. I don't know how you always find a new book, but you do a wonderful job.

Oh yeah, don't forget all the food He blesses us with every year!

Trina said...

Got the books ready! New ones...ones the kids can read themselves this year. Also...I have a new tradition for our family this year too. So....get ready!
Now wonder we don't get home until midnight.