It must be Christmas Eve!! You wonder how I know?
#1 The only people out shopping are bargain hunters for next year's displays AND MEN. I know two brothers who were at it early this morning.
#2 There are actually parking places so I can just run in and get that last minute gift here and there.
#3 Christmas music is on almost every station and I am NOT complaining.
#4 Santa is finally on the roof of the house down the street.
#5 I have a stack of precious Christmas cards and some beautiful family pictures.
#6 Brandi's countdown clock has no more days on it...just hours.
AND
#7..........There are no more rings on the chain Kauy made in class for the countdown to Christmas. Not only has he shown it to me.....He has told me several times.
AND
#8......Kauy has a stack of his presents to one side; Makaley has a stack of her presents on the other and we count them as often as the times we tell Mom that there are no more rings on the countdown chain.
As we finish up these next 24 - 36 hours (whatever), please know that I do wish you a Happy Holiday!
I ask you to do a few things for me in the next few weeks.
#1 Pray for those who are in the hospital during this time of the year. It is hard on their families, but also hard on them. Include also those who are across the lands protecting those of us here.
#2 Many of my friends are having their first or second Christmas without someone they love. For some reason the second Christmas was worse than the first(I was PG during the first without Kelly). Pray that God will fill their hearts with wonderful memories, and an assurance of a greater future.
#3 Start a new tradition with your family. We are going to visit the old tradition of hiding the "pickle ornament" in the tree. Whoever finds it wins a cash prize. We also read a new Christmas Book before opening presents. Not to mention sing some Christmas Carols (because it is Hysti's favorite thing to do).
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I sure would like to know where you were shopping that there were parking spaces. We had to walk everywhere we went. And I had to opolgize to the poor girl at Sam's because the lady in front of me yelled at her. I can only imagine how mean she would have been if she had been the one working on Christmas Eve!
Merry Christmas to all my blog buddies!
Merry Christmas!
I stayed home, or I would have been the yelling lady at Sam's. I know my limitations -- shopping on Christmas Eve is one of them!
Hope it is very merry for you all!
I certainly wasn't shopping! By Christmas eve if it hasn't been bought it's not gettin bought! Trina, the 2nd Christmas was much better than the 1st for me! I was able to see the excitement in Emmalee's eyes even though she didn't have a clue of what was going on and she has been so, so sick! But it was MUCH better than last year when I was pregnant!!!
Post a Comment