I can't find anywhere that I have written lately about my precious daughter and her "wonderings" about life. I would like to share one with you because it is so....Makaley and my sister(mother #2 to my children). Of course, IF you knew my sister, you would laugh.
So....I find it very funny that the other night as I am talking to my sister on the phone, Makaley tells me she needs to talk to Aunt Traci. So, I gave her the phone. Right off the bat she says...."Aunt Traci, is right that a 9 year old starts her period?" I choked, my mom choked, and I hoped that Traci had hold of the steering wheel because she was driving in the snow. She begins to tell Traci that one of her friends would start her period in 2 month. (like you pick a day?) "The Doctor told her so and her mom got her a book." Oh Great............Here we go. I can hear my sister through the phone...."Well, you can't stop it (something like that)". Then she asks Makaley if she had talked to me..."Yes" and then asks if Makaley had started her period? Makaley answers "Yuck NO!" I am behind the door laughing because not to long ago, Makaley asked Tony what a foreskin was...not me. (this is from a Bible lesson she was studying and my mom said...."Go ask your mother." Which she did, but just asked a man to see if I knew what I was talking about. What...just because I don't have a husband, I wouldn't know about those things and the birds and the bees. She wasn't sitting in my fortune cookie waiting to come home with us.
You know what happened next......Makaley gets her answer, is satisfied, and gives the phone back to me to which Traci promptly accuses me..the mother...of putting her up to it. I am glad that Makaley feels comfortable with both of us, but I love "sharing the fun" with my sister/friend. I am so glad we have Aunt Traci. Aunt Traci mends hurt feelings, reteaches Math lessons, offers advice, and now............just because she worked in a hospital at one time, can answer all HEALTH questions.
Be prepared Aunt Traci. Makaley's class is having the lesson on the birds and the bees otherwise knows as "The Changing in a Young Girl's Life" on Thurs. or Fri. of this week. I am sure you will get another phone call. And Uncle Timmy.............you can answer all of Kauy's questions. Grandad will probably just get flustered and rub his hands together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
First of all, this is hilarious!
Second, I am so glad to know where to send Natalie when she asks these questions...Aunt Traci, look out!
The whole, "pick a day" thing is just hilarious! I am going to be laughing about that one for a long time!
I have soooooo been snookered! You mean women can "pick the day"????
Wow, just wait until I get home and have that talk....
-TMS
*snort*
i can just picture tony's face when sweet angelic makaley says in that adorable little voice "tony...what's a foreskin?" ahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa
i heart your children
*sigh* if only we could pick the day. i would pick 2 years after death...
This is just to funny!!!
But it does worry me, I hate for Miss Makaley to be disappointed, and she will be when she learns you don't just get to pick a day!
Aunt Traci - Add Mattie May to the list too!
We had a huge foreskin talk the other night, too. Only we had a demonstration - no, Jim was at work.....
Did she survive her changing bodies lesson??? Megs was not excited about that particular lesson plan! I gave her my own little lesson on Thursday so she wouldn't freak out... but I have a feeling she will never look at her father and I the same! Maybe I needed an Aunt Traci to handle it for me! :)
Jessica....I think I will send Makaley to you. I am not ready to go there!
Post a Comment