Friday, June 27, 2008

Children don't miss a thing or Do you really know your spouse?

So okay, for those of you who are thinking: WHAT? Did she get hitched? (NO!) Did I have a visit from Kelly? (NO! ) I couldn't decide on a title for this post and I have great story to tell you!!! One that was probably funnier in person than it will be in this blog, but one that MUST be relayed to the world. It is a true story and IF the persons involved would like to admit to it....then go for it. Okay, to protect both the guilty and the innocent parties, I will use the alias names of "Tim and Traci". Those are good, strong, fairly common names, so i pick those names for this story.

Yesterday my kids and I were with our friends "Tim and Traci". "Traci" decided to go walk with Makaley and me after dropping Kauy at camp. As "Traci" was getting into the car, "Tim" came to visit with my kids through the backseat window. He was giving them what for as usual when suddenly Kauy said "Uncle Timmy....you got a hair cut." "Tim" said no, that he had gotten a hair cut a few weeks ago. So Kauy said "well, you shaved this morning!" "Tim" replied with something like "I shave every morning." Kauy continued on with our friend "Tim" trying to figure out what was different this morning. Finally "Tim" asked Kauy...."What are you trying to say Kauy? Are you telling me I shaved off something?" About that time "Traci" whipped around to look at said friend "Tim" and yelled...(well, I can't repeat the word she yelled but it was close to darn-it!).."You shaved off your mustache!!!!!"
Now so far there is nothing funny about that story......except for the "fake" names I used.
BUT........there is more to the story...
Friend "Tim" moves over to "Traci" and explains that as a matter of fact he did shave his mustache off......on Tuesday morning......just about the time "Traci" was walking by the bathroom and "Traci" even looked in, said something to him and said she noticed a weird look on his face. Even later that morning our friend walked into the kitchen and kissed his wife several times before leaving for work. Never a word spoken. "Tim" told us that the people in his office commented immediately on how young he looked without the mustache. At this point in the story "Tim" kisses "Traci" goodbye, and we pull out of the driveway headed for ACU. "Traci" is in the front seat just dying (I think from embarrassment for not noticing earlier)and laughing.
BUT...there is more to the story....
"Tim" calls my cell phone about 5 minutes later to tell me that the funniest part of the situation is that he hasn't shaved off his mustache since 1987!!!! "Tim and Traci" just celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary! He has had the mustache since the day they met. He has kissed her many times over with those little mustache hairs tickling her upper lip. "Tim" then asks me to
tell his wife "Traci" that his feelings weren't hurt, he was still enjoying the good laugh.
So I ask, "How well do you know your spouse's face? And would you have noticed the difference?"

3 comments:

Traci said...

I love the couples names in the story. How ironic that they are like ours -- you sure they are spelled the same? Of course, I am an observant spouse and would know immediately ANY changes in MY husband.

Sarah said...

THAT is hilarious! And I would like to SAY that I would notice IMMEDIATELY. I do notice when Troy has chin hair come and go (but I can't tell you if I'm not looking at him which phase he's in -- today? I have no idea). He grew his mustache on OUR HONEYMOON so I would like to think I would notice -- but I'm not making any promises. We're 15 years, too! Yay! for all of us!

Lolosblog said...

Since I have known Frank, he has had a mustache, except for once when Katie was about 2 and he shaved it off because she would not let him kiss her. He grew it back because she didn't know who he was and would not have anything to do with him.

Having been married almost 25 years, I do believe I would notice. What I don't know is would I say "Honey, you shaved your mustache!" or "Honey, you have no upper lip...(long pause)...OMG, you shaved your mustache! How soon can you grow it back?!"

The chin hair, that is a totally different story!