I just realized two things. The first thing I realized is that I am about reach that 100th post and I will have to post my 100 things about me. Guess I had better get busy listing all the things about me that you don't know...that will keep you interested long enough to read all of them, and I better get it done and ready to post before we leave for vacation.
The second thing I just realized is how astute my daughter is. We were driving to home the other day in one of our "hurried" afternoons. I asked her which songs from the VBS/SBA CD she enjoyed the most. We soon got into this discussion about how we would love to show the video of the songs from VBS at church but can't because we don't want to offend anyone with the instruments. We are not a super conservative church, but there are some who just go crazy if there is instruments on the videos we see. And out of the mouths of babes it comes: "Mom, God doesn't care how we worship Him. He just wants us to worship Him with a happy heart. He doesn't care if it is slow music or fast music, instruments or no instruments....and He doesn't care where we are when we worship either." Now I was impressed. That's my baby girl. The one who worries about every one's soul. The one who can't stand to see pain, hurt, or sadness. The one with the most tender heart you will ever find. It was the next few words that really put the point to me. "God doesn't care if you worship Him by singing and praying in the shower or when you are sitting on the pot!" So, that explains why she is in the bathroom so long. She is praising Jesus. And I am certain that Jesus only smells the sweet aroma of praise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am just so sorry for those reading your post that don't know your precious children! That is ssssoooooo Makaley! I love her/them/you - all of you!
I would say I will miss you while you are on vacation, but it has been so long since I have seen you and actually had a conversation with you, I thought you were already gone!
Isn't it amazing that 10 year old knows to worship by not offending "the weaker brother" who is several times her age. Bless her precious soul.
Post a Comment