Monday, October 27, 2008

The newest ham in the family!

And there he is!!! Ain't he the ham? He is actually a hampshire pig. He and his owner...also a real ham... are quite the pair. This is BEVO at his best...eating. He just had a good walk, some good food, and a bath! Now, he also had a good poop.......on top of my muck boots then wiped his bottom against my pants, so he is really feeling like the top hog. He is younger than Wilbur by a couple of months, and weighs 73 lbs. He is the only thing gaining weight faster than me! He gained 11 pounds in 7 days. So, when you think about it, I'm at least doing it slowly and steadily, not pigging out! I am sure that certain Texans would not like to know that his beloved mascot is also the name for an animal who licks the pooper scooper, chews on the garden hose, and squeals like a girl!
But......this is "some pig". My son's pet! And my newest lesson in life. You see, he wouldn't mind Kauy on Saturday. We tried EVERYTHING to get him to practice his "walk" for the arena in a few weeks. We tried EVERYTHING to get him back into the pen. We finally called in the reinforcements........the grandparents. What is it about Grandparents? How is it that they can do hardly NOTHING...and everyone minds!!!! They walked in, and the next thing I know that pig is in the stall. So the lesson there? I calmly asked my children how they felt when those pigs would not do what they wanted. I asked them how they felt after trying EVERYTHING to direct those pigs to the right spot. I then with a smile on my face said...yep, you know exactly what I said don't you? I said.....Then that is how I feel when you don't mind! And yep, you know their response. "Mmmommmmmm!" And a roll of the eyes. The pigs? They were thinking "kids" and then took a roll in the poop!

2 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Yep! Should'a been named HAMhock! Love the life lesson!

Sarah said...

Okay, now he's pretty cute. But no one has wiped their hiney on my pants leg in a week or two -- I'll pass...