
Well, I now have an 11 year old in my house! We had the movie, movie snack-pack, hamburgers by the T-man, cake, and fun. Well, it wasn't all fun and games, but we won't go there. Just let me say that I am so very thankful to the Lord that I don't have 5 girls. Better yet...I am thankful that I have one girl and one boy...end of discussion. Oh my goodness, 5 girls at various stages of hormone development spending the night under the supervision of a 72 year old and a soon to be 50 year old both of whom have fake hormones. That is not the best of situations. The 72 yr. old scared the pants off of them right after dark when she hid from them on a dark country road bathed in the light of a full moon (with pigs grunting in the background). Then around mid-night she loaded all of us (except my dad...who was not wringing his hands yet) into the suburban and headed into town. The girls (and Kauy) were the first to offer the "2008 Let the Christmas Carols begin" program to Aunt T. She was dressed appropriately in green and red. On the ride home, we told ghost stories, missed our road, performed a Chinese Fire drill (only the 72 yr. old and 49 yr. old participated.) and reenacted a few of the examples as to why you don't park on dirt roads. Hello..........where is the fun? Where was the participation? What is up with these hormonal kids? Needless to say......I was thankful for the soccer game to which I was NOT taking 4 girls (notice one is now missing.....we leave her in the barn). Of course...the 72 yr.old stayed at home and slept. Me...........well, coffee and Chocolate will move mountains!
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
2 comments:
I was there for the scaring by the 72 year old, but missed the rest! I'm glad fun was had by most!
Love ya Miss Mak!
Chinese fire drill? (eye roll) Moooom -- you are SO embarassing! Happy day to sweet Makaley!
Post a Comment