Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Can you believe it? I remembered my password to open up this sight so that I could once again in all my goofiness impart "life" to you. Not like you have "life" of your own to deal with. And if you don't have "life" to deal with then.....how in the heck are you reading this?
Before I really get into what I have had running through my brain, I do want to recognize a few people who were thought of on Mother's Day.

#1 Mother Ray....my little Great-Grandmother who was the Rock of the family. We all (the women of our family) have a little of her in us. My sis probably got the most of her!
#2 Mama Becky......If it weren't for her there would be no Suzie in my life. I sang/testified (don't tell the CofC brethren) with my friends at a gathering on Tuesday. There in my mind was Suzie cleaning out the fridge during my darkest moments. I so want my daughter to have a Suzie and Becky in her life, so please pray that she will find them.
#3 Kelly.......he made me a mommy! I may not be the best at the growing, but he was the best at the planting!!! Did I say that? And since he was not here, I went to his mom and told her thanks for making me a mom. Without her I would not have had him.

Speaking of the men in our lives (or not), that brings me to the "told you so" moment I was able to experience this weekend. You have been down the very road I am speaking of. The moment you purchase something and the man in your life says "What are you going to use that for?". Now, you have no clue when you will use it. Not sure you know what you will use it for, but you are certain beyond a doubt that it has your name on it and was yelling "pick me, Trina. Oh, pick me!!!" I recently (like January...recently...you know how time runs together when you are 50!)..any way I picked up this item because.....I might need it one day. It was on 1/2 off, and it matched my office and my house. Of course we have moved it in the garage several times because it had to sit in front of the electrical outlet.

Every time I moved it over, I groaned at the fact I could have purchased a 1/4 tank of gas to move me around with instead of moving this. BUT...Mother's Day proved that I made the correct purchase, and it is no longer begin moved around. It sits proudly in my office displaying my Mother's Day gift:
Told you I would use it.(please in your mind insert the smiley face with the tounge sticking out and "the look" in the eyes!) Isn't that a great picture? So that was the "errand"!!!! I was sooooo surprised when they gave it to me. Oh my..they kept a secret from me. It should probably scare me that they succeeded at the hush hush, and for an 8 yr. old who NEVER stops talking....that is a miracle. Kauy's "big" had my mom bring the kids to a park and she took several pictures. They didn't get dressed up. Kauy didn't even wash his face. The hair was like it is every afternoon. I love IT!!!! It is perfect!!! Thanks Ashley and Jordan! and MOM!
The roses in the vase are from my "adopted" daughter. Aren't they beautiful!!! She had them shipped by ProFlowers. Thanks Kayla!
The purple flower......well, Kauy made it. It is actually a pen and sits in a votive holder filled with black beans. He made me promise not to cook them because he knows I am all into black beans lately!
Yes, I had a great Mother's Day. It was time with family! It was great food! Beautiful weather! With my mom, my grandmother, my aunt, my cousins, my sister and it was "life". Our everyday, put your britches on and get going, everyday life. And I loved it.
Who wouldn't....God made it!
Oh...and my son told me he would dress nicely for Mother's Day...as long as he DIDN'T have to match. I think he was successful!

As soon as the photos arrive...I will show you Makaley's Gift. To other mothers! Stay tuned

2 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Oh, but he does match! There is blue in both the shirt and the shorts!

And who cares what he was wearing - he took care of MM all day! And they had matching bowl hats! lol

ajphillips said...

It looks so good! I'm glad you had the perfect picture stand to put it in! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day! You're a great mom! I guess we'll see K this weekend; and let's pray they get a bird! :)