Monday, December 21, 2009

One more for the road?

I need a title for some of my entries. If you have an idea let me know. I thought of Car Musings....Curves in the road.....Point of views to you...or the title for this one. Something like that. It would also have to have numbers after it because I need to number each of those "Great" discussions held in the car when one or both of the kids has "a moment". Like today.
We were picking up one of my last 3 Christmas Gifts at Mardel today. The kids found these Bible cards that are similar to Football Cards, Bella Sara Cards, Baseball cards, and NASCAR cards. I allowed them to each have a package at the price of $.99. What a bargain. Only 3 cards and they have really good educational value to them. On the card are several "did you know" questions about the picture. So M. has one about King Solomon. They were discussing the baby to be cut in half and what a smart guy he was to make that decision. Then the discussion led to the fact that God gave him great wisdom. We all agreed that we would wish for that gift because we all lack true wisdom sometimes. Then M has the next question and the scene went like this:
M: How many wives did King Solomon have?
Me: Over a hundred.
M: Seven hundred to be exact.
K: Wow...he had a mess at Christmas. And that had to be a huge bed!
M: Well, back then they had many wives and they all didn't see the King every day.
K: (quiet which leads to thinking...most of the time) That would mean that he got married everyday for 2 years. Yuck!

And there you have it! Another thought to make you understand the way it really is.

1 comment:

Lolosblog said...

;-) I love those kids (you too!)!

I hope you picked up MM some of those cards when you were there!