You have read that I have a new house. We love it. Yes, concrete is cold in the morning, but house shoes are the thing for us. My son doesn't have a pair, but he cleans the floor with the socks that he wears around. Anyway, I promised the Lord that IF I got a new house, I would use it for things other than eating, sleeping, yelling at the kids, and cluttering. This past Tuesday, I hosted the "staff (women in the office) party. This weekend, I am helping co-host the shepherding group party. My house was up and ready before Dec. 1st thanks to "the man", my house keeper (Pam), and my friend Diana. Diana is responsible for the tree! Wow, I was just about in tears.
Now, can I confess to you that I have always been in love with entertaining. It is a lot of work. It costs money, but I love it. Instead of china when we married, we received 20 place settings of Christmas dishes. I also got all the service pieces and place mats. I have not used them in the last few years....just because. This week, I not only decorated, but we ate out of the dishes, and they are being used daily. (only after a lecture about the concrete floor and dishes).
So today I want to share a few pictures of my new house with my decorations. I can not tell you how fun, and exciting this is. I have the best Christmas present....a bright, cheerful, new house, with places to park, and decorations. My children come home from school and tell me how happy they are in this house. We had snow yesterday, and my daughter was taking pictures as we drove out to school. I am so thankful that God has given my family this new "undertaking" and we are happy there! It was again another leap of faith that we took.
The walls are not white. They are a sand color. This is the top of the entertainment center.
Top of my beautiful tree!!!

The first is my children's bathroom; the second is my bathroom.
To you they may look bland, but to me.......it is all beautiful and festive.
We are having fun now!!!!
1 comment:
Love the decor! You did great!
And remember - if a dish does happen to meet the concrete floor, it will be OK and can probably be replaced if need be!
Love ya!
ME
Post a Comment