And so I sit here.........watching out my front windows as the snow whips around in the front yard. It is truly snowing now and the hurricane force winds are just down to West Texas tornado winds. At times, I can't see past my front porch. Is this what they call blizzard conditions? About an hour ago, the winds were calm and we were just watching the snow fall. Now even the now has whitcaps! But, I am sitting here in the comfort of my new home which will be having a covered porch addition added this spring. With a wood burning stove! I don't want to go through ice another year with this porch. So go ahead...forget the whales...for the next year they have plenty of water....forget the elephants...they will have babies and more tusks. Give to Louski back porch fund. There is nothing keeping snow from blowing into my dining room when we open the door. I have to say that I have never been nervous during a "winter weather" warning until now. I have always had a wood burning stove. Hmmm don't have that...BUT I still love the house. I just have to tweek it a bit. My parents are without electricity. Has been out since 7:45 this morning. So, that means that the pigs have NO heat either. So, we may have plenty of bacon, ham and sausage. This is crazy!!! This is TEXAS, not New York! Or wait....has New York moved in? I don't think I would have made a very good "on the prairie person"!
Thank goodness for heaters....the Wii and a television. WE have popcorn made, I have coffee and hot chocolate and we will hopefully find an end to the wind....snow...and my parents will have electricity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment