We are in week 4 of school. Yes, you read that correctly. I am sure that my friend Sarah can tell you exactly how many days till the Christmas Holidays. But, I just count the days until Sun. not even Saturday! Saturday has become just another work day I think.
This past Sat. we were up at the soccer field at 9AM....didn't have to be there until 10AM but who knew? (My hearing must be going.) We took soccer pictures until hmmmmmmmm 10:45 and then I was privileged to have both kids playing at the same time on fields next to each other. However, and that is a huge however, it was hotter than blazes out on that field and my poor children learned what real sweat (and tears thank goodness there was no blood to go with it) is all about. They played so hard, did so well, and were red as pickled beets. Kauy actually kicked the ball, stole the ball, kicked down the field, headed for the goal and never once stopped to check out a blade of grass or see if there was a new rock on the field. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard other parents yelling "Go, Kauy, go. Score!" yes, positive thoughts this year. Gee, what 1st grade does to a young boy!!!! Makaley on the other hand was up and down that field doing her wonderful job of passing off! She is very good at NOT hogging the ball, and sharing the fun. She was WORN out. I hurt just looking at her.
After our morning of soccer and fun, we came home to prepare for yet another photo moment. Our church is making a new directory, and you know with that decision comes.......tah dah...Olan Mills and the checkbook. We had a family portrait ( containing 5 generations) made. Now, our family was having fun. I just don't think the photographer appreciated our fun. Do those guys get a degree in being bossy? Man, as a teacher, I get grumpy, but for pictures? Come on, make us smile and make us enjoy spending the unbelievable amount of money we are going to spend in the next room. But no, this guy was rather brash, that made the guy showing and selling the photos look like a comedian. (get the picture ha ha) And yes, I bought pictures. I think they did not like my sister sitting there reminding me that "this costs" and "oops, that will cost you" and "do you really want to spend that much?" Now, before some of you tell her to mind her own business, she knows me...........so she saved me money by sitting next to me! Thanks Traci!!
We finally made it home where I picked up my 3rd offspring.......Nikki. What a fun time. Susan and Bobby were here for the big 30 High School reunion, and so Nikki stayed with us. I always wanted more children. God does say "no" at the right time! They weren't bad, but oh my......were Suzie and I like that growing up. All giggly, and boy crazy, and all about High School Musical? Tell me NO!!! ha ha !! Nikki stayed with Makaley in her room for the night.
"The Man" and his moving van got here about 9:45 so it was a late night for all of us. And up for church the next morning. So...............God rested. He said to keep the Sabbath holy. So....Trina did both. Rested and tried to keep it Holy. Oh, and I bought NO pictures on Sunday!
Love you guys for reading this stuff!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Our pics weren't so cute so we spent $0! WooHoo for the Jones'!!!
Love you friend!
Yes the man was "brash", he didn't even get an individual of Mattie May. What kind of photographer is he? Maybe I need to give him lessons on working with kids. Now I have to try to match a single of MM with the rest of our pictures.
I will give him credit, the first family photo was the best. It made us all look good!
I love "your" crazy family.
Yeah, grouchy photographers are not fun -- and I do think that Olan Mills has cornered the market on those guys.
Um, that would be your friend ANNE that can tell you how many days until Christmas. Sarah knows how many days we've been IN school, because she posts it on the hundreds chart and we regroup the straws and make tally marks and make exact change. But counting days until Christmas? Nuh-uh. Counting days until payday? 3.2. It's been a LONG month -- good thing our pictures aren't scheduled until next month. I had better put some $$$ in my envelopes!
Post a Comment