Friday, September 7, 2007

You win some AND you loose some!

You would think that a 4 day week would fly by! This is the longest week of my life, and it is probably because it is so busy! I have so much to do and no time to do it in, AND I WANT it to be Sat. so I can sleep later, run around in what I call my pj's, and do something for ME!!

I don't often brag on myself, but today I have to say that I am excited! On Wednesday, I went to a certain grocery store in Abilene. Said store was having a buy one--get one free sale on meats!! Not only that, but it was also Teacher Appreciation Day and you got an extra 10% off your purchase. I need to tell you the reason I did the "Happy Dance" in the store!!! I did not buy anything "unhealthy" other than the 2 rolls of Sweet Tarts (4/$1.00) and paid $52.83 to the cashier. I was sooooooooooooooooo excited when she said to me "You saved $35.12 shopping with us today. Thank you". NO, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! and happy dance all the way to the car. This was as exciting as the $199.00 jacket I got for $45.00 last year.
Yummmm! Grilled chicken breasts (would love to have seen the chicken with those breasts! It took 4 breasts in the second package just to get close to the same weight. But such is my life. Most of my friends are package #1 and I am package #2 with some padding!) AND we had some very good grilled seasoned boneless pork chops.

However in all of the excitement, I realized I had not picked up my mail in several days. So I go to find the key to my "mail slot". I now have a clean car, 2 clean purses, 2 clean church bags, 1 clean swim bag, a few clean drawers, AND not so cluttered cabinet tops BUT NO key. So, the money I saved at the store will probably get used to have the lock on the "local mail slot box" changed just in case the key was left in the keyhole, and someone has decided to air my dirty laundry. If you can't get into the mailbox, do you still have to pay the bills?
Well, you win some AND then you loose some. I am ready for Saturday!

And yes, I realize this is about the shortest post I have had in awhile.........because........... lunch time is over!! The real world awaits.

1 comment:

Biddy said...

this has for sure been the longest friggin week! ugh....

and why are you not sharing where you got buy one get one free meat!?

love,
your package #1 (with a side of package #2) friend