Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Let's have a party!

What is it about cleaning house? I hate, abhor, despise and dread with every inch of my body, the process of cleaning my house. HOWEVER, I clean up others with a smile on my face. What am I thinking? Let me give you a couple of examples of how my poor mind works.

Ask my brother-in-law about me and his yard. The joke is that he can tell before walking through the door that I have been there. How is that you ask? There are pulled up weeds in the drive. I will stand there, visit, and pull weeds in his little flower bed. Do I have weeds to pull? Yes, a yard full! Do I stand there and pull them? Are you kidding, no way and let my neighborhood see my rear sticking out? No way, but I don't mind a street full of strangers seeing my rear in the air while I bend over to pull weeds. But not my neighbors..........my students live in the same neighborhood.

This past weekend, I helped clean "the little house" as it is fondly called. It is the rental house behind my grandmother's. Mind you, I did not do this alone. No.........it was a "family" moment. My cousin, her husband, their daughter, "the man" and I worked together to clean, clean, and clean some more. I got there a tad after lunch, and worked until about 6PM. I mean we CLEANED!!! We didn't gripe, we didn't grinch, we worked.............together. There was no air conditioning and the doors and windows were slightly cracked in order to keep out mosquitoes, and we still worked with little or no complaining. Hello........what am I thinking? I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house that needs a scrubbing like no other! But here I am laughing, visiting, and have a hay day cleaning for someone else (not my 91 yr old grandmother). Then on Sunday, we (the man and I) went back to clean the carpet. Then he cleaned my carpet. Yes, the apple juice stains, soured milk spots and the 1,000 coffee stains are gone!!! Gone with the machine.

So what does this mean? Does this mean that going though someone else's stuff is more fun than going through mine? Where am I headed with this? I think that I should have some sort of party at my house and everyone work together to pull weeds and clean. Maybe it is just more fun with a crowd. Instead of the "home stuff" parties we attend where we buy stuff that collects dust, we could have "Cleaning Supply Parties" where we try out new supplies on each others homes. We could rotate houses each weekend. More hands mean faster work...........well, sometimes. But of course, I don't want anyone to go home and talk about the way I keep house.

So.......................there are no houses to clean in Heaven. They are all spotless! No weeds to pull...they have been "weeded out". So.........we will get to visit and praise with nothing but time to do just that. Gonna love it! Let's Party!

3 comments:

Biddy said...

i am the exact same way! tell you what, i'll come clean your house, while you clean mine! yep...sounds good to me...

and p.s. i still love the man

Lolosblog said...

OK, I know this is true of you. Remember the Bunko party where I finished sewing and you finished cleaning? Oh, I have such fond memories of our times together!

I think the next "party" we need to have is in "The Big House". How many of us have things (of no use) stored at Matt's? May I please see a show of hands?!

Jessica said...

So you have a blog do you? Hmmm... glad I found it!

I have a house to clean if you'd like to come clean it! It is way more fun with someone else. And it is also way more fun to clean someone else's house! Not sure why that is!