Skip New Year's Day (although my mom's meatballs, black eyed peas and cabbage are nothing to skip!) After Christmas it is straight to January 3rd and a thousand questions of "What did you get me for my birthday present?" "You know, I am seven!"
Today is Kauy's birthday. He announced it to me this morning when he got up (out of MY bed). He was a lot more eager to arrive into this world than he was to get out of bed this morning!!! He is sooooooooo male. One minute I could pinch his head off and the next minute we are rolling on the floor laughing. He loves to sit in my lap, loves biscuits, loves pizza and loves family and friends. He (like Makaley) was my bright spot during the time of loosing Kelly.
People ask me if he is like his daddy whom he never saw. Yep. A lot like him. Kauy will do math all day long. He is ALWAYS right! (that is just a male thing, but more so if you are an Ostlien/Merkel) You should see him sit in a saddle!! He has the same long toes and long skinny legs. He has NO rear end! He loves animals, trains, tractors, and trucks. He is certain he is a MALE, but doesn't panic if sister puts a bow in his hair, or makeup on his face. That stuff washes or comes off. He changes his mind on a vocation about every 2 or 3 months. (Today he announced he wanted to raise penguins on the family ranch. Hmmmmmmm that would be great IF penguins laid eggs that could be fried or scrambled.) And many people didn't know that Kelly would talk through a movie or TV show if it was funny or not his favorite. HMMMMM ask me if Kauy is like him? Does duct tape sound good? And finally he loves ME!!!! He loves me... "bat wings" and all. Let me explain. Kauy coined the expression "bat wings" to explain the hangy down skin and fat under my arms. You know...the part that wiggles. He loves to rub and play with that. It is almost his "blankie"(not because it is that big!! it is soothing). When trying to go to sleep, he will put his hand under my arm and just rub until his eyelids droop.
Kauy is just as special as his sister. Not because he is the only male born to my grandmother's side of the family (so far), or because he is the only other male Ostlien living in the the US (Pawpaw is the other), or because he was born into a household that was in an uproar. He is special because he is a gift from God. I am the receiver of this blessing from God. You know, I wonder if I cause God as much frustration as Kauy sometimes causes me? And you know what...God continues to love me! I Love you KAUY BOY!
I read to him the spot about him on my cousin Brandi's blog (see my links). It is Mattie May's birthday (his favorite birthday present he says)and Brandi has a picture of them in his gator. He was just pretty proud of himself and that picture. He loves Mattie like he loves Makaley. Hey, he let her play with his barns, 18-wheeler and fire trucks. Now that is love! We love you Mattie May, and thanks for waiting until the end of the UT game to arrive!
I did ask him if he felt seven today. His response, "yep, I have a few more scratchy places on my back for you to rub now." ha ha ha...that is my son. Glad you are seven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"Little Man",
Happy, Happy 7th Birthday.
I am so glad you are here to keep us all entertained with all of your very imaginative stories. You tell me one almost every time I see you. You also give the best 7 year old hugs and kisses ever!!!
You are also a great Uncle to Mattie May. She says Happy Birthday too, but she can't type yet!!!
P.S.
Trina, I need to show you how to put a link in your post and to add a picture!!!
I'm quite certain I cause God way more frustration than Kauy causes you, and even more than my freckle-face boy causes me. Bless us all!
Happy Birthday, Kauy-man!
SOrry I missed the bd. SOunds like Kauy and Kali might be kindred spirits!
Post a Comment