Thursday, May 15, 2008

It was a GOOD ONE!

Last night we had a few moments of bad weather. In the middle of it, Tony calls to rib me a little. My daughter (like her mother in younger years) is horrified of bad weather. She doesn't know the area well enough to know that you figure in direction of the storm's movemen, traveling speed, and distance we are from towns before you begin to panic. We were fine until they just blurted out "We just received a call of a possible funnel on Southwest DR." before they even checked it out. I understand we live two blocks away...I understand that Southwest Dr. is longer than the length of my house...but she doesn't. SO...we head to the closet (well, they do..I went outside to listen for sounds, watch the cloud and breathe!) Tony was just giving me a hard time. I let him know he is often more the pain than she is. He is male. Did he understand what I was saying? NO!!!!
At about 7PM I call to tell him we were still at home, and he said he had just pulled up in the driveway. Of course he jacked with Makaley, but told her he loved her etc. Like I said...he can be a pain too. Now, before we go on, you must understand two things : I have two security cameras on my house with a monitor in the kitchen/living area, and when it rains really hard, really fast, the street beside my house will flood and the water goes way up over the curb. Cars will continue to drive through it..because. So, now...anyway....Kauy and I are in the kitchen getting him a drink, and Tony and Makaley are not far away, but can not see the monitor. Kauy runs to the monitor and yells..."oh my goodness, Eddie(our 29 yr. old hang ten surfing dude neighbor) has his surf board out there in the street and is riding the car waves." Tony goes flying out the front door to watch. BUT...in the kitchen Kauy is yelling..."Gotch ya!" It was all too funny. I mean I was laughing at Mr. "I am on top of it". And you ask: "Why would Tony believe that line?" Well, you would need to know Eddie. I have to go over next door and ask IF Kauy can come home some afternoons because they get outside and play ball, mow, wash cars, wrestle, chase, etc. We own a fish because of Eddie. Poor Rachel she is married to a kid at heart. And I gave birth to one. Not to mention the one I date.
Just so you know. I am smiling while writing this. And you bet....Kauy was soooo proud of himself.

1 comment:

Lolosblog said...

i just love it when we can "get" the one that is always doing the "getting"! In our house that would be Mr. Frank! Good job Kauy!