Monday, November 26, 2007

Black Friday Fun.

Okay, the news is out. Yes, I went shopping at 4AM on Black Friday. However, I did take the whole army with me...especially Nurse Yandell (both of them). Traci and I don't miss a black Friday together in the cold, with coffee. My second nurse was Megan...Tony's daughter. I figured if I fell over, one would help me the other would take the load to the register with my cash to get us out of there. Tony went just to carry bags over 5 pounds. Yes, there were some heavy bags and some old bags and some young bags and some bags that cut in line not even caring that I announced to them that I had NOT had my hormone pill, it was before 9AM, and I had not had sufficient coffee. These must be moms of teenagers, twins, or teach high school or kindergarten....nothings scared them!

My cousin Brandi and her husband Frank.......yep we were the women with the men who were laughing, throwing snow, and just being goofy...anyway, they ended up doing 50% of my shopping since I was in line #4 at Circuit City. Hello...they did not do a dry run obviously! AFTER we got in line, Tony and Megan headed to Starbucks for the "Latte run". They got back only to find out that it was now a "one in, one out" situation. Those women still did not understand that my latte was just outside the store, and I wanted it NOW!

After a breakfast at What-A-Burger...where Frank and Tony entertained all patrons, the guys and Megan left. Frank went to watch ball games, and Tony and Megan headed for sleep. That was probably not the best thing since the girls continued to do much damage to the checkbooks. BUT we did it with laughter, aching feet, and a woman who was ready to crash from lack of sleep. A little snow never stops the mail so why should it stop us?

So....needless it say......I have slept most of the day today. I have rested, and have no plans to do anything as exciting for at least this week. I do want to say that Black Friday was wonderful. It was day #2 of family and fun. That is what my life is most of the time.........family and fun. Believe me...my family can be fun.

Next year you are welcome to join us. We will meet at the table on Thanksgiving Day immediately after the dishes are in the dishwasher, and the food put away. We will plan our method of attack, and the lists that need to be checked off. Just come with a smile, no make-up, money, and remember...."no grumpies allowed".

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can do 5 a.m. or even 4 a.m. -- but I CANNOT promise not to be grumpy. I had better miss out and just enjoy you telling me alllllllll about it.

Lolosblog said...

Sunday, the grumpies were still running rampant. I had to get on to a lady at Pizza Hut for being impatient and mean to the employees. Of course, after she left, the staff and remaining customers gave me a standing ovation! So why did she get her pizza free and I still had to pay for mine?

Looking forward to next year!

Biddy said...

i sooooo do not do Black Friday! ick toooooo many people that make my black half come out.

and i'm thinking at least one of the 3 yandells was there to take a picture in case you fell...i'm just sayin ;-)

Jessica said...

Sounds like a blast! Although I can't promise no grumpies if the store won't let in my mocha!