Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just a thought..

I get a daily devotional thought from a friend of mine in South Dakota. Sometimes he really says it like I like it! Today was one of those times. As I get ready to return to work, I need to remember this thought in the classroom.

"Whether it is dealing with our children, employees, subordinates or just the man on the street, the way we set out to see people will determine the impression they will make. If we are looking for successes in their lives, we will see them in spite of their flaws; but, if we are hoping to catch them in failures, we’ll be able to do that, too."

Do you agree or disagree?

Maybe if I would deal with sweets in the same manner (more from the failure side) I would be thinner.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Let me know if the whole sweets thing works out. If it does, I want you and Brandi to model those 4-H outfits.

Trina said...

Oh my goodness...one of those outfits from 4-H was a "strappy" number made out of BRIGHT green satin and a jagged hem. We had matching green "strappy" sandals. Heaven help us!

Lolosblog said...

Oh, the lovely green strappy number. Didn't it have a rip away skirt that went from long to short? I remember something weird like that. And yes we do still have the matching shoes. We were soooo styling!

I try to be positive about people and try to overlook their flaws. It is difficult as you know, but I try hard to make it work. I try to remind myself that others are just like me, they are doing the best they can and are far from perfect.

Trina said...

No, the rip away skirts were the red, white, and blue striped number I thought. Maybe not...we were sooooo far ahead of the rest of the world in the "costume" department. We could have joined the crew in Vegas with our "style" and daringness.
However.....I do have my lion costume from 4-H and as you know I can still wear it!!

Jessica said...

I'm a little frightened by all the comments here...

jenn said...

I think you should model the outfits and then post the pictures! Boy, if your students got a hold of the pictures there's no telling what would happen!

I do think we judge people before we know them. We shouldn't judge people or assume things. I try to remember that I am not perfect and we are all not the same (thank God!). But we are human, and as hard as we may try we will still make mistakes and do things we shouldn't. I know it would do me a world of good to spend more of my time on bended knees rather than pointing my finger.