Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy birthday to THE MAN

Well, I love it when you have a birthday and the person you are helping celebrate won't tell you anything they might be needing or wanting. Around my house there are plenty of hints dropped and there are some of us who just tell you what to get, where to get it, which discount to use, and how much it is with tax title and license.
Kauy told me over and over everything he wanted. So...he got the RC helicopter (which is already grounded due to a wreck with the table) and the golf clubs (good for digging out the weeds), money and the very noisy Lionel Train Bank with the sound and flashing lights.
Today is The Man's birthday. He is 49. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he was nothing like Kauy. He said, "I already have what I need." I told him the leather living room suite in his house was nice, but he bought it. He laughed and sweetly said something about me being a gift. I told him that the I was not a gift (He did say that I was a gift from God); I am the one who is here just to make the rest of his hair fall out. I have thought and thought what to get him. Something that he could use. Something that he would see and think of me. Something that would make him smile.
So...without further adieu I will reveal to you my birthday gift for him. I bought him a new pair of brown suede loafers with little white hearts on them. They look great on my feet and feel wonderful. He can use them to kill a bug. He will see them on my feet, think of me, remember this gift, and he WILL smile.
Happy Birthday Tony............Love ya, (and your gift!)

4 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Gifts are an odd thing. Some people expect them, some don't like anything they get, and some are just giddy about anything they are told is a gift for them! Ok, well, maybe that is only in my family!

Last year for Frank's birthday, we got a new gps/depth finder for the boat. He was so excited and told me this was his gift for every ocasion for the next year. Well come Christmas, I reminded him of this and he decides it is my gift since I fish out of the same boat and use it "all the time" too. So he doesn't have to go shopping - go figure!

So, Happy Birthday Tony. I hope you have a great day, month, year. And enjoy your new shoes!

Susan said...

Hello!! I do remember you saying something about Tony's birthday being in January, but it just slipped my mind. Imagine that!! Tell him Happy Birthday from all of us out in Odessa. Give him a hug and kiss and let him know that the card is in the mail. Enjoy the shoes!!

Susan said...

Sorry!! I didn't realize it is Tony's birthday. Although I do remember you saying something about it was the same amount of time between your's and Tony's and between Tim and Traci's. Oh well, give him a hug and kiss from us and tell him his card is in the mail.

Jessica said...

Nice! I'll try that next Rt wont tell me what he wants! Happy Birthday Tony!!!!