We have been struggling at my house lately. My daughter has always been the "A" student. She recently found the letter "B" on her report card. Only one! not a low one either. My son on the other hand is (as everyone tells me) a boy. Yep, I know that! How? Well I am certain that it is not Makaley leaving droplets on the toilet seat AND WHEN he does remember to lift the lid, I get so excited that I forget to put it down. His room stinks. Some dead critter or science experiment is growing in there and I am not sure what or where. I did find the egg propping up a tiny box that was under his bed. He said he thought there might be a mouse in the house and wanted to catch it for me. (We have read "Give a Mouse a Cookie several times...guess there were no cookies in the house.)
Kauy has had a rough beginning this year. Bless his teacher's heart, she had emergency surgery, and had at least 4 subs. Then she returns and he decides to see if she had her "toughness" taken out. He has had his sheet marked more times than I have had cups of coffee this year. His grades this last 6 weeks dropped (but I didn't yell or scold!) He goes in with good intentions daily. He is precious, he is just lively. I have taken away his new nientendo, busted his rear, given time out,made him redo papers where he didn't listen, and of course...tried reverse psychology. After a visit with the teacher, I was still frustrated. As a reading teacher, I worry about his reading skills. I visited with another teacher who recommended that I go to the health food store and talk to them. Yeah, right. He is picky enough on what he eats. I can't help it that he likes everything that has red dye 40, yellow dye 5 AND is loaded with preservatives. However, I was shown some vitamins for kids who don't focus well. (not visually..had that checked and he is fine, but Makaley got glasses) He is on day 5 of these vitamins.
Yesterday he did not come home with one mark! Not one, two or three!! Zero!!! AND he got a sticker for staying focused (something his teacher decided to do for him).Plus, she wrote a note, AND wrote on his paper (with very nice writing) about his work! He was SOOOOO proud. I was SOOOO proud. His "sissy" was soooo proud.
When my mom asked him what got him through the day with no marks his response was "God did it!" That's the end of this story and I am sticking with it! (and Kauy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THAT IS AWESOME! i bet ms mak is adorable with glasses!
do they make those vitamins for big people?
Send me the name of the vitamins... Kali could use them...seriously!
It seems just like yesterday that we were struggling with the same things with Katie. I will pray for you because, as great as the vitamins are, the struggle will always be there. I am sorry to be the one to tell you that, but as a teacher, I bet you already knew anyway. I will also pray for you to have patience, not just with Kauy but with all the mothers, teachers and relatives who will be telling you exactly what to do for him. Kauy is Kauy and what will work with him is probably something that didn't work for another kid. All that advise gets very frustrating. Again, been there done that and I don't wish it on anyone!
Yeah Kauy! Keep up the good work. I know it is hard but you can do it (and God will be right there with you to help!).
Post a Comment