Monday was my "ladies night" and Tony sweetly volunteered to take the kids for me. He knows the routine. Bath about 8:00 (they take "bath/showers"...long with water running on them.) and then bed about 8:30. He is determined to make me live by that!
He got to the house and quickly noticed the new perfume and accused me of actually NOT going to Po-ke-no (never spelled the same). When I arrived at the location, he had already called to be sure that I was actually playing games there. (He was trying to make me think he was a jealous man. ha ha and the ladies loved it). Three hours later when I got home, he "sweetly" reminded me that 3 hours is a long time to be with children who are not yours especially at bed time. BUT he assured me that he loved me and the children and would I please go rub my son's feet so he would go to sleep.
Tuesday is my night at McMurry and as the routine goes, my mom and dad have the kids for supper, then Tony meets them at the house for baths and bed time. When I pulled into the garage, he was coming out of the house into the garage. He placed a kiss on my window and then ran to his car. Screaming! At least he wasn't pulling his hair out (he is bald!). The first words out of his mouth were not the ones you love to hear, but "Why are you not an alcoholic?" Hmmmm was he bothered by the tons of homework that still had to be done? The long showers with each sibling going in and dumping cold water on the other? Tangles that had to be combed out? The tears because the light in the closet was not on? The tears because homework was still not finished after working 3 hours? The "I need a drink" or "I need to potty again" Or was it the fact that he was behind on the 8:30 bedtime? After he left, I realized that I don't drink because after homework, dinner, baths and bed, I am too tired to even think about a drink much less have the energy to pick up a bottle of anything. Even sometimes after dealing with him...........I would like a drink! BUT NO...I am WOMAN!! Strong, tough, worn out, but non-the-less a survivor! AND It's my life and I am stickin' with it! (and my hot tea!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know what you or Tony are talking about. I never have any trouble with your kids! They are angels!
Come to think of it, why haven't you aksed me to stay with them in awhile? Is it because I don't follow the rules?
Maybe that is why I don't have trouble. Rules are for moms!!!
Life would be much easier if we didn't have to follow the rules! haha!
What a great guy Tony is... I have a hard time getting my own husband to take care of bath duty etc when I'm not home!
How is your class going?
Post a Comment