Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another grand commercial

And so today we are returning from an afternoon of shopping. Just the 3 of us. We held hands, looked at things we liked but didn't want to spend the money on, bought some things that we all liked, and just had fun. Even the son was a great shopper today. And so after a brief stop at our favorite "happy hour" location, we sing at the top of our lungs as we head home.
It went like this.

Daughter: "I hate this commercial"
Son: "Me too. I am tired of them asking 'do you have a problem urinating' "
Silence...for about 5 seconds....you know he isn't quiet
Son: " I know what a prostate is"
Daughter: "Isn't that a man thing?"
Son: "Yes. It is a valve thing that men have. You can get really bad cancer there too. Yep, it's a valve in guys"
Daughter: "Mom, Really?"
silence.....
Mom: "He's a guy...he knows..... I guess."

I should be listening to Christian Music more. We do..sometimes. BUT....those stations don't necessarily lead me into the wonderful family discussions like we have had this week. I think that I love the spontaneity of it all. None of that.. "I would like to call this family meeting so that we can discuss condoms or prostates"
Bring it on. If I can't answer it, we'll call Uncle Timmy or Aunt Traci.

1 comment:

Lolosblog said...

Ok! There is just no response to this as funny as the conversation itself! Love those kiddos of yours (and you too!))!!!

I <3 you all!!!

Brandi

PS - I was really glad to just see Uncle Timmy and Aunt Traci's names listed there!