Monday, November 9, 2009

Mom was where?

Question of the day: Where was her mother?
Answer: In the pig barn taking care of a pig with an ear infection.
What’s the problem with that? Her daughter “blossomed” at home while mom was in the barn taking care of the pigs, and the only person at the house was not her mother, not her grandmother, nor her aunt, BUT at this all important time …..the housekeeper! Who lovingly told her that "this" is how you will someday have the privilege of being a grandmother.

Question #2 of the day: What did you buy this weekend at the Christmas show?
Answer: Since the guilt of not being at the right place and time for the daughter was getting the best of this mother, I bought the new shaving kit that contains no razor, a "circle on; circle off" method that doesn’t pull out hair, and lasts longer than the average razor. Only, mom once again stepped out of the house and returns to find the daughter with smooth clean hairless legs. Once again….not there for a first.

So to prevent me from missing anymore excitement this weekend, I slept in her room with her!!!! Okay, only because we had company and I gave my room to dear couple who deserved it.

Because I am a working mother, I have missed her very..very first step, and her very, very first solid foods. Not to mention, her first tooth falling out.

Just so you know…I plan to be there for all/many of the “firsts” in her life. Well, I do promise, however, that I will not go on her honeymoon with her. I think I will find a pig with an ear infection!

No comments: