Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New and exciting things!

Some people get new cars...others get new clothes...some get their Christmas Trees up....and some people have additions to the family. These people get excited. They share their good news with anyone who will listen. I am excited. I want to share my good new with you too. No, it's not a new car......already told you about the new house (photos will come sometime before next summer) and no...I am not getting married or giving birth! (yes, I am excited that the dog is being "fixed" today and no puppies to come) I want to share my news with you..here on my blog. You see, we are excited. We have new pig pens. These are not the best photos. If the "big" was to take pictures, she would stand on a rail and do the "shoot". Well, I am older and wiser and not interested in a fall.
Why are we excited about new pens. Hello, it is just a bunch of metal welded together to hold pigs. Hello, didn't we already have pen? Yes to both thoughts BUT...then pens are the Superman of all pens!!! Let me explain. Instead of opening a sliding door and fighting a pig to keep it in, we slide a door, and there you stand in an "alley" so to speak where you can walk, reach over and feed, fill water tubes, and I can just climb up a little, lean over, and work the heat lamps or fans. There are little gates that open (ever so easily!!!!) so that the kids can let the pigs out to walk them. I mean like let the pigs out one at a time with no pig fighting to get out when they are supposed to stay put. The shavings are thick and the pigs are in "hog heaven". Oh my...life is sooo easy in the pig barn. Well, if someone could keep the stupid hamps from biting us. I hate when these pigs try to eat my shoes.
So, THANK you Donald!!!!! You are awesome. We love our pens and we love you and the family!!! We are so blessed by our "extended" family and support crew! You guys are the best!!!! (Have I used enough exclamation marks?!!!) People have told us what a great "set up" we have, but now we are the "new and improved, ultra modern, go ahead and wish you were a pig of ours pig pens" Thank you Jordan!! Thank you Jeremy ( a friend who showed up to just look at the pigs and ended up shoveling poop, standing in poopie water, and helping set the pens. Thanks Ashley for getting into our lives and bringing so many good things to us by just starting out as a volunteer for BBBS.
Of course, I can't leave out my dad and "the man". Dad does struggle with turning the barns over completely. Rightly so when he paid for 99.9% of it. Okay, all of it "The man" keeps everything in working order (including me when my attitude gets out of whack). Together these two guys have been the "hands" that don't get a hand very often.
Our church is always striving to be a "Front porch community". Come sit on my front porch. You may smell pig poo, but you will find tons of love, support and family! We promise that.

K. taking care of pipsqueak..aka peanut and Marylin (for her figure) You can almost see Sally's nose.
One of the hamps (Daisey) waiting for my muck boot!!! Look at that gate! There is a panel running between the two watering tubes (white things) that separates both pigs. Then, there is another gate for Piper the pig.

3 comments:

ajphillips said...

Dad probably doesn't even read our blogs, but I will be sure and tell Mom to tell him to read it! They are in Chicago right now but will be back by the weekend! You're most certaintly welcome! Just remember when the kids get done with them, our kids want to use them too! :)

Lolosblog said...

They look great! And I can't believe how big the pigs have gotten since we were out there!

And Ashley - I didn't know Lacye was into showing pigs!LOL

M'chelle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new pig pens and I know nothing about pigs! Thanks for letting us come out and join in on the fun Friday! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.