Sunday, August 5, 2007

I can't refuse a great offer!

I have decided that the devil must think I am one of those people that has something to say which might remotely touch someone's life at some point in time because I have tried to post at least every other day, AND as you can tell by the dates that hasn't worked. Technology is eating me alive........well, at least it is eating my posts. It has nothing to do with my ability to figure out technology! Yes, I do know that they are in draft (I love that spot) , but I just can't stand NOT getting it the first time around.

Previously I have thrown a fit, yelled at the computer a few words that should not come from my mouth or been in my thoughts, and all of this as if this computer hears me, cares what I think, or is going to change it's behavior because I want it to. What a waste of time, thought and breath (I am getting older, but does any of that burn calories?) So this morning in church I was reminded that I have two choices. I can look like a goober talking to a machine, or just go on and be peaceful when frustrations and trials come my way. I decided.............. peaceful. As one college friend says..."will it matter in 10 years?". Another friend always asks "Will it pay the bills?" (no, no, and I don't even pay bills on line.) So, I am going to try peace!

Let me be honest. We all need peace....not just peace and quiet. Friends' marriages have recently ended in divorce; another friend's marriage is in trouble; a couple who longs for children has none; my daughter's heart has been crushed many times because "______ doesn't want to be my friend". One friend fights drug addiction; another fights alcoholism, and then there is my son who refuses to lift the toilet seat (yes, this is a trial). I have lost a husband and survived............yet I get upset, carrying on, close to tears because I can't get a computer to mind me? It is just a "thing" that can be destroyed by a glass of water (orange juice is worse)!!!!!! My friends have hearts that need peace! I need peace! A peace that trusts our God who can hold me together, calm the storms of life and walk beside me always.

In his sermon today Joe Barnett talked about having that peace. So, I will choose (just do it...no other option) peace instead of letting go on a computer. I am going to try to choose peace when my son doesn't lift the lid. At least I have a pot to potty in.

In John 20:26 Jesus says, "Peace be until you". So..................I am going to try His offer of peace. And, I am sure the offer is for you too.
Therefore......."Peace Be unto you"! (This post better not go to draft. I don't know if I am ready for a test run.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Girl, truly the computer is NOT worth it, but I have so many other comments:
1) You DON'T pay bills online????? Please, sister, keep on ooching into the 21st century! The technology, it loves you, it really does!
2)Call me. Me and the blog. We're tight. You are intelligent. You can get it. But the computer KNOWS when you aren't at peace!
3)I told hubs today: I am selfless and logical 26 out of 28 days. Give me 48 hours every 28 days to be selfish and illogical. You may need at least 72 as a single parent. Cut yourself some slack when the peace won't find you. But peace is way better for your complexion.

Biddy said...

i should know better than to read your blog. dangitt you make me cry

i hate you...

in a very i love you sort of way hehe