Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Important Answers to my Question

Yesterday was a breeze compared to today. I am exhausted!!! I drank my all natural Aloe energy drink this morning and it is gone with the wind (maybe I should say down the drain). I actually took a nap at my mom's house amid the dog jumping up on me, Kauy resting his head on my fine rear-end, and some show on Nick. I know I am not tired because I am OLD!!!! ha ha
However, I did find the energy to ask my children that thought provoking question: "How was school today and what did you learn?" Makaley told me (all of this is paraphrased because it would take FOREVER to type what they actually said with all of the adjectives etc.) that she learned : If we are nice to the teacher he will be nice to us, but not if we aren't listening, or we are being rude, he will not be nice to us. We have to get all of those folders in our binders somehow, mom!! Here my thoughts are..."be sure he has had some form of caffeine twice a day, and do they have an instruction booklet for putting in folders?" Kauy told me: Well, mom, I learned how to pick up a pencil. You pinch it. That's all. We have a cool book that told us that. And, I learned that you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose. And my thought here: "Well, that was a productive day in class. At least I know it is his booger he is bringing me and not someone else's."
What did I learn: The second day of school requires a nap and dinner out! Do I hear an AMEN?
I wonder what my students told their parents that they learned in my class today. Just like those teachers, I had lesson plans and I pretty much stuck to them!
Did you learn anything new today? Bet it wasn't about picking noses!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Well, I didn't teach a room full of children today...just two, but I am exhausted too! :)

I am glad you are my friend, and I am really glad to note that you won't be picking my nose!

Love you, friend!

Sarah said...

We learned the the real meaning of labor day.

Biddy said...

actually...i learned that picking a toddler's nose is not easy after you cut all your fingernails off. just one of those life lessons...right?