Well, this is it. The last 12 hours before I take on the world of walking hormones!!! And, I guess that I am about as ready as I ever am. This will be the 27th time for me to have a first day of school without me being the student. Yeeeeee Hawwww!!!!! I am now on the flip side....how many more years until I can retire and be one of the many who can stay up on a Sunday night and read a book with a cup of coffee containing caffeine?
To my buddies who teach..............have a great one!!! Remember, you are the teacher and you can bluff when you need to . You are older; You are more mature (I hope); and again.......You are the teacher. I hope that you get the law laid out quickly and let the party begin! Let's give them more than just skills to read, write and get the correct change or pay check. Give them a smile. t might be the only one they see this week.
To my buddies (mom that includes you) who are retired teachers and are thinking..."Oh, I am so glad that I don't have to get up at 5:50 in the morning to be the person in charge of more than myself"....let me remind you of the adrenaline rush you are missing. The excitement in the air, the newness of a new year, smiling faces that are depending on you to enlighten their world, the accomplishment you feel knowing you lived through a full day of confusion, and the dog dead tired feet you have when you get home. Keep your feet propped up for me tomorrow, and I will party with the kids.
To my friends who have jobs either out of the home or in the home...(did I say that okay Anne?) let me just say to you that you can cry a moment with me when I leave behind my two in the care of someone else for the next hours, weeks, and months. AND I hope that as teachers we will give to your child things that will lead to them to a better life. Not just the reading, writing, and math, but life lessons. I hope you have a great day too with no fears for your child. We will do everything we can to take care of them. Pray for us and thanks for supporting us. Understand we are NOT perfect, and we can't take the place of the love you give.
Now, will someone just take care of me??? ha ha I am a teacher. I am the teacher!!! I am the teacher who will be there ready to P-A-R-T-Y ! Go forth and conquer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You said it great! My work "in the home" definitely translates as WORK!
Love you...praying for a great first day...and day after that...and day after that...well, you get the picture:)
Have a great one!
You've been teaching for twenty-seven years??? That means you're almost ...! Wow. And still teaching. Can't IMAGINE twenty-seven years. I haven't even taught 10 yet. I don't THINK I've even taught seven, but I don't know anymore.
Adrenaline rush? Is that what you call it? And you AREN'T perfect? That's too bad. I am -- seeing as how I'm queen of my domain and all!
i'll be over later with the Mimosas and Under The Influence c.d. :-)
Post a Comment