I found myself rereading my posts (or whatever you want to call them) this week. Why? well, it is an easy read since there aren't all that many posts, BUT I really read it because I needed a laugh. My friend Anne said that it seems like Satan reads your blogs then throws a test at you. Well, I read the one on choosing peace, and guess what!!!!
My room is ready, the lesson plans made, and the roll sheets printed. My own kids have a new "first day of school" set of clothes, my toes are cute and match my skirt. We have all had haircuts. May I stop and say that we had Makaley's hair cut in layers, and it is ohhhhhh sooooo precious. Love it....Love fewer tangles...........Love her. Things have rolled along peacefully here. BUT about Wed. afternoon, the peacefulness was interrupted, and a tangled mess was found. A parent!!! Yep, and school had not even started. She didn't want her son in another teacher's class, and she felt that I was the one she needed to tell that to. Now, she is not short winded so that meant quite a discussion. The other teacher is a good teacher, I think there was just a personality conflict. I was irritated that this mother would try to manipulate her son's education at this grade level. What will she do when he is 20 and doesn't like something? (follow me here) I left school that day tired, frustrated, and had gotten nothing done, plus I had to go sing and be happy at church. Maybe I would find some peace and happier people there!
Thursday afternoon I discovered by accident that the newspaper had misprinted the date for "Meet the Teacher" at my children's school. So........I am driving like a mad woman at 5:50 to get there, pick up pre-ordered school supplies, buy T-shirts, and meet the teachers. AND the kids were not even with me. I go to the door to see who one of my two has for class, and I fell apart. No, really, I just started crying.........yes, in front of God, parents, kids, and the nurse! (Bless her heart she just let me cry and listened.) I didn't really find excitement in having this teacher. What were the chances? I wanted to go in and bargain. By the time I spoke to the principal Friday morning, I did not fight for a change. God will make it a good year. She is a great teacher, But the final line is.......... my child will be in that class. Kauy is excited; Makaley is excited; and I have discovered (thanks to Tony's insight) what it really means to have the shoe on the other foot. I LOVE shoes, ask anyone who knows me. Take my food, take my toothpaste, but not the jewelry or shoes. However, I don't like shoes that make my feet hurt. This one did. I felt like God had just stepped all over my feet which were already tired. I was in that same situation as the one I just gripped about. So, I went home, took off that shoe, and chose peace. I know that I am the only advocate that my child has, and I will not be afraid to say something if there is a problem. However, I am going to give this year a chance. A good chance. Sometimes unanswered prayers are that way for a reason ( like there are only 2 kids from Kauy's kinder. class in his new class!!!!!), and for now.........I will work on not being judgemental ......teaching and loving others is my job. Thanks goodness for that because my feet are just now starting to feel better. And just tonight, Kauy(who has said he will NOT go to school on Monday) told me, "I am so ready for Monday and my first day at school". Hmmmmmmmmm maybe God does know best. I am sure it has nothing to do with the Sponge Bob Square Pants backpack. Peace!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CHOOSE PEACE! SERENITY NOW!! Always makes me laugh.
Remind me to tell you how much I needed this post, and I'm still not entirely sure the Lord doesn't need just a LITTLE more of my help getting my child squared away for class this year. Mercy on us all...
ummm hi! do you know how quick and painless it would be for me to put your child(ren) in the class of choice??? do you know where i work!?!?
oh, i guess i'm not helping that whole "peaceful" attitude...whoops
Having been there done that (oh so many years ago!) just remember, it is not an unanswered prayer! God answers every prayer, just maybe not the answer we wanted but the one we needed. All of you will do great this year!
Love you all,
Brandi
Post a Comment