Friday, February 15, 2008

Belated Birthday wish

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. I did forget one thought yesterday.........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE TIMMY !!!!!!

Tim has been married to my sister since 1992. When he decided ask my sister to marry him, he brought the diamonds to my house(late, late,late) and asked my opinion(like I know diamonds...the bigger, brighter the better!) Tim proposed to my sister from the pulpit one Sunday as he was leading singing (he had more hair then). She was clueless about anything and thought he was about the lecture the congregation about smiling. The wedding was huge (they know EVERYBODY) and was beautiful. Tim and I had recorded a song for my wedding, then we sang it at their wedding. He also sang a solo..(no, not Amazing Grace...even though my family felt this was an amazing moment.) Tim has kept our family laughing. Family dinner night can be pretty funny. He and my grandmother can match each other wit for wit. They are the "in the know" part of this family. He has mowed my great-aunt's yard for a lot less than the amount of sweat poured out. He was the one to go into the hospital room with Kelly to watch the final tests, and then went to my house to do the laundry so I didn't have to wash dirty underwear and shirts. He sheds tears gracefully such as when he put my "cat-phew" down last month. Tim can be a great brother-in-law, and I LOVE to sing with him!
There would possibly be only a few things about Tim that drive me nuts. One is that he thinks everything can be fixed with duct tape! He is very opinated. He loves his job at BBBS. And, he can be self-focused at times. However.....yesterday I understand he gave up HIS DAY to make my sister's Valentine's Day special. I have no clue what he did. My mom, my daughter, and Tony have an idea but no, not me. He was very selfish in not telling me. Usually he calls and asks what to do. Nope, not this time. All I know is that he went to the video store, and he had to put several utensils on the table so he called mom for directions. I hate being left in the dark!
But, because of your 3 days of planning....Uncle Timmy....Happy Birthday (again) and I know you had a Happy Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Traci said...

So, the sister (and Tim's wife) will explain . . . He told me I couldn't come home until 6:30 but he would call when ready. He finally called while I drove around downtown. I got home, he told me to sit a minute and went to the dining room. He came back and said dinner was ready. The table was set with white tablecloth, red candles, red rose petals, and a vase of red roses. Our china, flatware and inherited (my sisters)crystal was displayed beautifully. He served me a 3 course meal that he had had prepared. Well, I've been trying extremely hard to lose weight (not cheating in 5 weeks). So the dessert concerned me (a lemony, creaming, rich one). After we ate it all and were drinking our coffee, he brings me a receipt but it wasn't a bill. It was the exchanges that corresponded my food program -- he had selected recepes from the LA Weight Loss cookbook. It was awesome!

Trina said...

How cool was that! I am impressed. Way to go Uncle Timmy

AbbieCRAZY said...

That is pretty impressive....

Jessica said...

Way to go TIm! That is awesome! Does he give lessons???

Lolosblog said...

Ok - I am VERY impressed.

I must say, when you said he went to the video store, that did concern me a bit because I KNOW UNCLE TIMMY! But that He asked Hysti had me confused.

Happy Late Birthday Tim. You are my favorite male cousin that has married into this family!!!